Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 HD5850 here! In Stock nao!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-XFX-HD-5850-Black-PCI-E-20%28x16%29-4000MHz-GDDR5-GPU-765MHz-1440-Cores-DP-2x-DL-DVI-I-HDMI

Yeah, as much as I want one, I cannot afford €300 for it :( Looks like it's gonna be a 5750 or 5770 for me :(

That's some hell of a price jump :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I like scan myself, i really do. Until you try to rma something with them. My x1950pro and opty 165 failed about 2 months and then 4 months after(for the cpu) i was waiting over 6 months for a replacement of the x1950, and was given a 9500pro(Awesome indeed, if it was 2 years earlier). and for the opty i was refunded 12 quid. Never got my money back as they ignored my mails, phonecalls and letter by registered post.

****ty company, nice prices, bad RMA/Returns department.

Remember price/supply/demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Venom wrote: »
    That's some hell of a price jump :(

You're telling me :( I'm gonna be getting a 5770 instead and xfiring it later (or perhaps if things go well I'll buy 2 5850s later on :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

lol, i got mine for 115euro with an nvidia 260 :)

A HD 5850? I call shenanigans.

• Advertisement

A HD 5850? I call shenanigans.
    lol,no i do 5850h.jpg
    didnt get the Dirt 2 key though unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Komplett have 2 also for 300

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=498843

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Were these not 225 on release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Effluo wrote: »
    Were these not 225 on release?

They were. But ATI hiked the price themselves by $50 per chip. And now everyone from the manufacturers, suppliers and retailer will add a bit on themselves to maintain their margins in response to this. ATI are exploiting the popularity of the 5850 to increase profits in the face of falling revenue from the supply shortage.

I just didn't realise that the price had gone up by that much!

whamy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is it only 5850 prices that are effected or will the 5870's get the hike as well I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Venom wrote: »
    Is it only 5850 prices that are effected or will the 5870's get the hike as well I wonder?

I haven't seen any mention of the 5870's getting a price hike just the 5850's.

it's just the 5850s that ATI have placed the price increase on. However, I'm sure a few suppliers will try to exploit general customer confusion for their own gain too.

they'll be down at 180euro in april/may when the mid range furmi( lol ) cards are released( unless its a dud which it could be ).

Im going to crossfire my 5850 if DX11 performance is junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

DABS.IE have a xfx5850 for 233€ (250 shipped to ireland)

http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-r5850-hd-1gb-hdmi-pci-e-2-0-65TW.html?q=5850

Yeah, but that isn't in stock, but rather "Due in 1-2 days". Which I am sure will change to "Due in 1-2 days" in 1-2 days, kinda like how Happy Hour is always 6-7pm Tomorrow ;)

lmimmfn wrote: »

You know that's the one I linked in the first post? Once you add delivery it works out to €300

You know that's the one I linked in the first post? Once you add delivery it works out to €300
    ahh right sorry didnt realise, no doubt its been snapped up ages ago then so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Thats a bit of a price hike alright, got mine from Overclockers UK, placed it on pre-order and was lucky enough to be one of the first batch shipped so was happy out, came with DiRT2 steam key as well, although god only knows when the game will actually be released.. Still the 5850 is a beast of a card, COD:MW2 looks the fantastic on it, all settings max @ 1920x1200.
    Its a fantastic card but not at the €300 mark....would take some jusitification!

• Advertisement

majiktripp wrote: »
    Thats a bit of a price hike alright, got mine from Overclockers UK, placed it on pre-order and was lucky enough to be one of the first batch shipped so was happy out, came with DiRT2 steam key as well, although god only knows when the game will actually be released.. Still the 5850 is a beast of a card, COD:MW2 looks the fantastic on it, all settings max @ 1920x1200.
    Its a fantastic card but not at the €300 mark....would take some jusitification!
    Dirt2 demo is supposed to come out this week, full game is December 3rd or 6th, cant remember off hand.

yeah it sucks balls, got my card a few days before they hit any site and actually thought it would be out right away... early december :(

Anti wrote: »
    yeah it sucks balls, got my card a few days before they hit any site and actually thought it would be out right away... early december :(
    yeah, they did say that in august though that it wouldnt be out till december, tbh there doesnt seem to be much of a difference other than the water, crowds and lighting at night, heres a comparison - http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,699998/Dirt-2-DirectX-9-vs-DirectX-11-graphics-compared/Practice/
    Theyre going to do benchies soo which will be very very interesting, i reckon it will run like crap in DX11, usually all hype followed by total disappointment.

yeah the news somehow made it past me. Hopefully the game should be somewhat decent, and not a 20gb download :(

It actually looks pretty weak, I've seen DX10 games look much much better. It looks a pretty awful showcase of DX11 tbh.

yeah the news somehow made it past me. Hopefully the game should be somewhat decent, and not a 20gb download :(
    lol, oh yeah forgot its a steam voucher there for a second, yeah the latest games are far too big to download here with our crap connections.

I have the demo on my PS3, havnt tried it and i dont really like playing racers on the PS3 as i prefer using my logitech momo and getting better gfx/fps on the pc.

I've always been wary of those steering wheel jobies. I got the one for the 360 and it sucks some major ballsack, not sure if i want to risk 300 quid one something i cant use :(

I've always been wary of those steering wheel jobies. I got the one for the 360 and it sucks some major ballsack, not sure if i want to risk 300 quid one something i cant use :(
    i picked up mine for 50 euro second hand, i had a total POS for the PS2, but the momo is brilliant, pedels are heavy and doesnt slide around, steering is solid with strong mounts for the desk and the force feedback and weight turning the wheel is amazing, takes a bit of getting used to but it really is fantastically immersive.

I wouldnt spend over 100euro on one myself if id never used something semi decent hence my buy, but i would easily buy a G25 now if my existing wheel broke.

Jees i thought the vid in the clip looked pretty darn good.

Can't say i was uberly impressed by the screenshots though

• Advertisement

Effluo wrote: »
    Jees i thought the vid in the clip looked pretty darn good.

Can't say i was uberly impressed by the screenshots though
    yeah, not much difference lol.

Advertisement