Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 HD5850 here! In Stock nao!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Yeah, but that isn't in stock, but rather "Due in 1-2 days". Which I am sure will change to "Due in 1-2 days" in 1-2 days, kinda like how Happy Hour is always 6-7pm Tomorrow ;)

spot on the money there MR Russ

i had one ordered when it was due in 5-7 days
    it was due in stock today
    but now its due in 3-4WEEKS! and my order status is still "awaiting stock"
    so whatever they got in... they sent out.. and didnt send me one:mad:

and my new case just arrived today and everything else will arrive this week....

i cant wait a MONTH for a gfx card :(
    now i dont know what to do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

if that's dabs c-note I think you should still be able to go into your account online and cancel the order, that was one of my favourite features that cancelling was a straightforward process.

As per the bargain thread, Sapphire 5850 is in stock at pixmania for e270, with an additional 5% off until the 26th, so €256+delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

mgadget wrote: »
    if that's dabs c-note I think you should still be able to go into your account online and cancel the order, that was one of my favourite features that cancelling was a straightforward process.

As per the bargain thread, Sapphire 5850 is in stock at pixmania for e270, with an additional 5% off until the 26th, so €256+delivery.

yup its dabs, i'm thinking of cancelling... but first want to be sure i can get one in better time (no point cancelling if i'm gonna be waiting 3-4 weeks anyway)
    thanks for the pixmania tip off, i'll check that out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

In the same boat with Dabs. Was expecting this to happen anyway. So will go with the sapphire on pixmania thanks for that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

With delivery on Pixm.
    € 283,80 Inc. VAT

I want one but not sure if its worth it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

game4it70 wrote: »
    With delivery on Pixm.
    € 283,80 Inc. VAT

I want one but not sure if its worth it at that price.

if you use the code PIXMASIE5 you get 5% off so the total should be €270.30

Burgo wrote: »

Nice one thanks.

I've been also thinking about getting two 5770's instead as it cheaper.I presumes its overkill tho untill i get a better monitor.
    I'm using a 22" with 1600x1200 native res at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

game4it70 wrote: »
    I've been also thinking about getting two 5770's instead as it cheaper.I presumes its overkill tho untill i get a better monitor.
    I'm using a 22" with 1600x1200 native res at the moment.

Thats a good res to play games at.
    Im running 2x5750 at 1680x1050 and its plenty for me.
    But pixamaina have now 5770 for 120 each not sure how much postage. But that is a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Am I the only one thinking that the 5850 pricing is so inflated as to negate any point in buying the card whatsoever? You can get a vapor-x 4890 which is about 10-15% slower for more then a hundred cheaper, madness. Playing at 1920x1200 I was looking at this series of cards for an upgrade, the 5850 being completely pointless in my opinion from a pure current gaming perspective (why bother looking to the future with performance cards, there's only so long they remain performance cards), and the 5870 would require me to lay down about 200 extra quid! No thanks....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Am I the only one thinking that the 5850 pricing is so inflated as to negate any point in buying the card whatsoever?

Agree totally. I'd been shot down previously in this forum for suggesting the 4890 is the better buy but the new price increases confirm that. It's been said time and time again that this is merely ATI manipulating the market to get the highest margins in the face of dwindling stock. And considering they've put an end to the possibility of a Vapor-X 5850 (which everyone knows would sell like hotcakes) it's obvious they were concerned about the performance of the 5870. Seems they made the same mistake Nvidia have been making for the past year or two, thinking the market will happily pay stupid prices just because it's the fastest thing on the market.

Their conservatism will kick in again prior to Fermi's launch I'd imagine, but for now either grin and bear it or stick with DX10. And considering how few DX11 games there are line-up I know which makes more sense right now for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Agree totally. I'd been shot down previously in this forum for suggesting the 4890 is the better buy but the new price increases confirm that. It's been said time and time again that this is merely ATI manipulating the market to get the highest margins in the face of dwindling stock. And considering they've put an end to the possibility of a Vapor-X 5850 (which everyone knows would sell like hotcakes) it's obvious they were concerned about the performance of the 5870. Seems they made the same mistake Nvidia have been making for the past year or two, thinking the market will happily pay stupid prices just because it's the fastest thing on the market.

Their conservatism will kick in again prior to Fermi's launch I'd imagine, but for now either grin and bear it or stick with DX10. And considering how few DX11 games there are line-up I know which makes more sense right now for me.

Yup, it's one of the reason I am waiting for Fermi to come before snapping up TWO 5850's for €300 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    Yup, it's one of the reason I am waiting for Fermi to come before snapping up TWO 5850's for €300 ;)

you'll be waiting a long time at this rate... minimum 5 months I'd hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

you'll be waiting a long time at this rate... minimum 5 months I'd hazard.

And THAT is why I got a nVidia 9600 to replace my dying 8600 :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Burgo wrote: »

Thanks very much for that code by the way.

Got a few euro off a case and ram as well from them. I can never find valid discount codes anywhere :o

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

yea totally agree no point in getting any thing from the 5800 series yet. its still untested with dx11 games. ill probally hold onto my 4870 1gb for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Griffin87 wrote: »
    yea totally agree no point in getting any thing from the 5800 series yet. its still untested with dx11 games. ill probally hold onto my 4870 1gb for another year

Definately, well maybe not a year :( TBH I'm half thinking my next upgrade will be a second 4870 1gb. I really don't need it right now even though i play at 1080, as i don't play crysis lol

When the 4870 1gb goes under 100 i'll get one, or i might just get one second hand... Not sure yet

Advertisement