Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

up-coming hols... (dont mention the x or c words)

Options
  • 21-11-2009 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hehe!! early i know but was chatting a lecturer today and apparently once we finish for our up-coming holidays we ony have to come in for our exams in jan (I have 4...) other than that were off for the whole of jan and baack on 2 feb! how f-ing class is that!! so delighted:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

GismoBaby wrote: »
    hehe!! early i know but was chatting a lecturer today and apparently once we finish for our up-coming holidays we ony have to come in for our exams in jan (I have 4...) other than that were off for the whole of jan and baack on 2 feb! how f-ing class is that!! so delighted:D

i OBVIOUSLY meant exams in jan and not "removed word" in jan... doh blonde moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

That for everyone or just your class??

Harps wrote: »
    That for everyone or just your class??

its def for all 1st yr computing classes! i presume its a college wide thing tho. will check website, cos im good like that, and come back, stay posted, ROGER OVER!

Friday, 18 December End of Teaching Block 2
    Wednesday, 23 December College Closes for holidays
    Tuesday, 5 January College Reopens
    Thursday, 7 January Examinations Begin
    Wednesday - Friday, 27 - 29 January Examination Board Meetings (Academic Consultation Day - 5 February)
    Spring Semester
    Monday, 1 February Start of Teaching Block 3

straight from the college website but i presumed we had class while the exams went on but NO! were off!!!! happy days or what!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im taking my first complete abuse of power here and saying

DONT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT UNTIL 1ST DECEMBER!!!

:D i hate talking about x**s and chr***mas before then. :p

• Advertisement

im taking my first complete abuse of power here and saying

DONT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT UNTIL 1ST DECEMBER!!!

:D i hate talking about x**s and chr***mas before then. :p

RMC! OMG! that time of year! how do ya not love it???????????????????? hey is it true its actually against the law to play 'you know what' music before a certain date?? had an arguement on a drunken nite and im not convinced its against the law but i think the radio stations have an agreement on a certain date for certain songs! thats my theory ayways X

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I want to rub it in that we are already on holidays no class until feb revision weeks done and dusted

loca1 wrote: »
    I want to rub it in that we are already on holidays no class until feb revision weeks done and dusted

what year are u?? how lucky is that!

I'm first year wasnt meant to happen we were supposed to be on work placement for the month of November then back in for revision but our garda clearance didnt come through so us and health and social are now on holidays. But when the rest of ye are enjoying your summer holidays we will be stuck in placement.

ouch but good times for being on holiday already!

no, its not illegal to play music from festive times, as tesco in latterkenny already play that crap!

and i love the holidays, but not until december 1st! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

latterkenny
    Letterkenny.........:D

Co.Donegal,

IRELAND

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'm not the only one who gets kinda intoxicated and ends up on boards ;)

Indeed it's pretty damn cool that we will be off for the majority of Jan. But sure we will all be studying during Jan :p;)

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I'm not the only one who gets kinda intoxicated and ends up on boards ;)

Indeed it's pretty damn cool that we will be off for the majority of Jan. But sure we will all be studying during Jan :p;)

studying for what?
    CA has passed me on nearly all my subjects :p

studying for what?
    CA has passed me on nearly all my subjects :p

Well CA has passed me in Maths! So that's one worry off.
    Gotta do good in this weeks programming though :eek:

CA is the friggin best thing ever. Won't have to worry about exams if I do good in me other CA's now.

I've been slacking lately since I've re-introduced alcohol into my life >.<

I have 3 exams in January and ive already passed 1 and I don'T know about the other. Assignment to hand in tomorrow.Im going to study all christmas for the exams sure what else would I be doing :rolleyes:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Well CA has passed me in Maths! So that's one worry off.
    Gotta do good in this weeks programming though :eek:

CA is the friggin best thing ever. Won't have to worry about exams if I do good in me other CA's now.

I've been slacking lately since I've re-introduced alcohol into my life >.<

im gonna miss all this week now as my granny had a major stroke and is on the death bed.
    hopefully i can catch up on both exams next week when i return.

im gonna miss all this week now as my granny had a major stroke and is on the death bed.
    hopefully i can catch up on both exams next week when i return.

If you explain to the college/lecturers I'm sure under the circumstances they could work something out. Hopefully they can.
    Must be really difficult for ya :(

Advertisement