Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV - dire speeds and choppy streaming

• 21-11-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Seems as if UTV Broadband has gone to the dogs again :( Had a problem for quite a while about 18 months ago and then it seemed to be sorted with the help of a number of complaints on Boards - until now.
    For the last few weeks it's been terrible. Sometimes I can't even get a page to load and downloads stop for minutes at a time, with the 'whirligig' going round and round uselessly. No point trying to stream anything - if you're lucky, it stutters its way along annoyingly but mostly justs hangs there.
    This is my speed (3mb package, though I really can't get more than 2) even at this hour of the AM - very disappointing.
    628951701.png
    Even with having to buy myself out, I might be better off changing. It certainly couldn't be worse :(
    Anyone else have a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

I'm having similar problems. Sometimes its down for 20 mins or more and then comes back for another 20 mins, then down again. Very frustrating. It seems ok for the past hour or so since I checked the line connections in case any one was not connected fully. Not sure if this has helped - fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

I have the same problem in the Limerick area. I get lots of packet loss on the line but when I ring UPC support they tell me that they can't see any problem on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

UPC is not UTV

UPC = independent cable internet www.upc.ie
    UTV = Eircom bitstrem reseller www.u.tv

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nin2010 wrote: »
    I have the same problem in the Limerick area. I get lots of packet loss on the line but when I ring UPC support they tell me that they can't see any problem on the line.

This thread is about UTV not UPC, now get back on topic..

Further off-topic posts will be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

Cabaal wrote: »
    This thread is about UTV not UPC, now get back on topic..

Further off-topic posts will be deleted

I thought he said UPC, I wasnt trying to derail. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement