Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day off Tuesday?

• 21-11-2009 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

It just randomly hit me today that the lecturers are probably on strike on Tuesday so I guess we have the day off?

Not heard a word from the college about it but saw on the news earlier that its the entire public sector so I assume there'll be no classes...

Not sure what the story will be with regards to the college opening, if all employees are on strike then will they have to close the college for the day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Harps wrote: »
    It just randomly hit me today that the lecturers are probably on strike on Tuesday so I guess we have the day off?

Not heard a word from the college about it but saw on the news earlier that its the entire public sector so I assume there'll be no classes...

Not sure what the story will be with regards to the college opening, if all employees are on strike then will they have to close the college for the day?

we most def are! out on monday so!! hehe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

100% confirmed. spoke to a few lecturer's today and they are all heading out monday night themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nice one! Do you know if the college is still open or not?

Would be handy to get a couple of assignments out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Harps wrote: »
    Nice one! Do you know if the college is still open or not?

Would be handy to get a couple of assignments out of the way
    i seriously doubt it since they are all public sector workers! hence the reason were off!!!! go mad and have a mad session!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Well the college is open because we have to drop an assignment in and got the go ahead not sure if library is open or not though? Is it a picket or what? no way am I passing them to leave an assignment in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

nothing in the college is open on tuesday. all staff member's are free for the day.

only person who will be there will be the security officer doing his rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Only person who will be there will be the security officer doing his rounds.

Yeh, hes the Pat Mustard Of lyit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Officially its not a day off and the college is open. There will be a picket line and in the unlikely event that the strike is called off at the last minute classes will go ahead. Id say there should be an email tomorrow stating what services will operate on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

We off this thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

markmcg wrote: »
    We off this thursday?

It's looking likely, we've a test rescheduled because of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement