Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x09 "Life" [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 21-11-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭

Looks good so far :)

How do you rate "Life" 66 votes

Edge of my Chair
    0% 0 votes
    McKay
    10% 7 votes
    Not Great; Not Bad
    34% 23 votes
    N'O'Niell
    31% 21 votes
    This show is Dead
    22% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

you have to deal with adds dont you? - lol

Let us know if its worth staying up for plse

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actiony as last week? No. Still good. I'll give it a 5. Pretty "Drama Much" but all the same this was a good ep.

These arent "Power Spoilers", but

Col. Young
    When you see the fight against Telford, you may lol

Destiny
    I got excited

Yes I deal with Ads. Particularly annoying sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not bad, kinda Greys dramedy for alot of it....yer wan banging everyone on the ship?....HOT lesbo scene!, Telford and Young....haha!, nice little plot device for him to find out....you think the wife was lying about not banging Telford?

Rush...still not figured him out, he's upto something alright. Chloe should just spend all her time working out!....Eli is still a garden gnome. Overall ok but not great, be nice if the ship got upto full strength and we saw more.

Dont talk to me about gnomes :(

We just played through Dark Carnival and the guy holding the gnome got him into the chopper - but then he dropped him to throw a pipebomb. Gnome got left 4 dead.

Such a sad day.

anyway about the telford thing: I was so right.
    He got knocked out cold, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

pure and simple ****.

by all means use deep characters to make stargate better, but this isnt stargate. I saw
    the chair
    and got excited.

But there was no sci fi, no discoveries, no interesting ****, just more ****ing character **** on earth.

I am seriously disappointed with this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I really wish somebody would take a sledge or a ray gun to those f**king stones :D earth scenes are just plain cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Reiko Aylesworth - hot damn

Scott has a kid - Are we supposed to care?

Destiny has a nymphomaniac? - I want to be on the expedition!

The old chair and the row boat - Upstaging Universe actors since 2009

Spencer has run out of m&ms - Going full metal jacket on us

Telford getting his ass handed to him - Satisfying

Rush planting data? - It's RUSH....!

Psych evaluations - More fluff

Telford taking out his phone - He's calling them to disconnect the stones you idiot!!!!

Opening & closing scenes - Best thing about this episode

3/5

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3/5 for me too.... I'm all for drama, if it's interesting. There wasn't much interesting about this episode. Hopefully the Telford thing is over and done with now, its getting boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

oh come on when are the aliens and stuff going to come.

it started out great it just getting boreing, turn universe to dvd bring back atlantis.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Telford taking out his phone - He's calling them to disconnect the stones you idiot!!!!

Thats not nearly as fun as my explaination :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Anybody wondering where did they get all those nice tracksuits and trainers from?...

Also they all sleep with people right and left in those borrowed bodies, why was it so bad when ** FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER **
    Rush slept with someone in Wray's body
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

The only episode I didn't really enjoy so far. Next weeks looks promising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

herya wrote: »
    Also they all sleep with people right and left in those borrowed bodies, why was it so bad when ** FUTURE EPISODE SPOILER **
    Rush ...............
    ?
    WTF, that wasnt in the episode?

It's from a future episode, that's why it's spoiler tagged.
    There was some backlash over this, google "stargate universe" + "eleanor perry" for articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I found that to be a bit of a yawn fest. I'm fine with them doing a slow burn but this nearly put the fire out for me.

Next ep better be a ripper....

Halfway through I had to slap myself and remind meself this isnt SG-1 persay, and they want to try this Character Thing...I did enjoy it after that.

Trying to think of it as a Classic Stargate franchise: yes, I can clearly see why people are getting frustrated. They can keep the fluff I dont care but that doesnt mean they cant discover a bunch of cool new ****. The Chair thing, so far, is a let down.
    Also they all sleep with people right and left in those borrowed bodies, why was it so bad when
    Rush slept with someone in Wray's body
    ?
    Que?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I thought they had found a weapons chair..then I remembered the whole this ship is actually an ancient ''ancients ship''. Slow mover it was. They're being to character heavy and I cant honestly see where going with this series. The bald dude is wrecking my head..
    just jump already!

Just in case...but who knows!

Gave it a 4/5 but I meant to click 3/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It was a ok episode, nothing special. Does there have to be a sex scene every week?

Starting to get sick of the communication stones as well, i think they are over using them. I know they are going heavy on the character development but they are laying it on to thick at the momment.

One good thing to come out of this episode...

It's been too long since I listened to these guys, pleasantly surprised they popped up on SGU.
    This is going on the iPod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It's from a future episode, that's why it's spoiler tagged.
    There was some backlash over this, google "stargate universe" + "eleanor perry" for articles.

This thread is for discussion on this episode. Any spoilers in this thread should only relate to this episode. You didn't make it clear that it was for a future episode. This type of thing can send people round the bend. I'm not too fussed about it cause it's not a massive spoiler but please be careful when you do that.

OK although I seem to recall reading the rule that since threads have SPOILERS in their title there is no need to spoiler tag current episode's events but you should spoiler tag anything that reaches further. Anybody care to clarify?...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

OK although I seem to recall reading the rule that since threads have SPOILERS in their title there is no need to spoiler tag current episode's events but you should spoiler tag anything that reaches further. Anybody care to clarify?...
    The problem with that is some people still spoiler tag something that happened in this episode so we start reading spoilers thinking they are about this episode. If it's about a future episode please clearly mark it as so.

Will do - cheers.

I thought he did mark it Future Episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was.. okay. It was the dullest episode so far and I think they spent too much time on the earth scenes. It's nice to deepen the characters, but perhaps they could have just done one thread of "back on earth" for a character, rather than three.

The communication stones are a decent way to explore characters but I agree there is danger of overuse already. I'm going to hazard a guess that this is a budgetary move - it's cheap to film Earth scenes. We'd often see these "budget" episodes before a mid-season or season finale.

The chair wasn't delved into enough but perhaps it might be next week. Perhaps Rush is going to rouse up the rabble - he's certainly get Spencer on his side. I've a feeling Spencer is going to do something very rash next week. I'm also going to hazard a guess that Telford will be trying, somehow, to get revenge on Young next week and that he might try and support Rush's coup. All guesswork - I know nothing at all about what's going to happen!
    Will do - cheers.
    Marked the current one for ya. Please be careful - I got a complaint about this and I had to then kinda read your spoiler to fix the post!

Economic climate could easily explain away the need for a lot of Earth scenes. But - okay come on, I'd even take that Same Old Tired Forest that SG-1 ploughed through for 6 seasons right about now. Cant be that expensive to take a road trip!

I have medieval village withdrawal symptoms :(

Sherifu wrote: »
    I have medieval village withdrawal symptoms :(
    I got scared when in Ark of Truth
    They go through the supergate and then FLASH: Medieval set!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Dawsons Creek: The Next Generation

Advertisement