Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x09 "Life" [SPOILERS]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Sherifu wrote: »
    have to reluctantly agree with one point deffinately on the cinema spy review, there are no SGU episodes that stick out so far, i like the show so far, enough that i will watch the rest of the season, but there are no stand out "awesome" episodes yet in the 9 eps, im looking forward to a nice pay-off mid season, but so far the first half of season 1 of SGU will mostly be skipped on my rewatching,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

From the trailers of SGU I thought I was going to hate it. It looked an awful lot like BSG (I haven't seen BSG, yet!) but I gave it a go because I love all things space and SG.

I was really pleasantly surprised that I actually liked it. I thought it was a fantastic change and giving us real characters. For once the scientists and military don't get along at all, not a Science V Military clash which is resolved by the end of the episode. I love Rush's character (which I thought I wouldn't like because Robert C annoys me), he's fantastic to watch. Just when you think he's going to be humble he peeves off everyone. If I were on that ship I think I'd be trying to throw him off or strangle him (a la Homer Simpson).

For me the last couple of episodes have taken a dip. The character development was going well until it just became Star Gate Earth. Too much too soon. They should have kept it thought the whole series of even into the next, a bit like LOST as someone has already pointed out. I want to see them examine more parts of the ship. Surely the scientists would be going off to examine stuff seeing as they are probably bored, sick of Rush/Young arguments, TJ psych interviews etc....

So far we've seen more of Young's wife than off the secondary characters or even Camille. Very true about all the wine drinking! I want to see a more grittier episode, maybe some cabin fever. Maybe Rush throwing Chloe off the ship for whining too much, Eli making an effort with the rest of the crew instead of stalking Chloe & whathisname. Oh yeah, I keep forgetting their names too like some other poster.

Anyway can't wait to see more. I can see other people's point of they placement of episodes for boxsets, which is cool but only if they cut down on the irrelevant footage of Earth (I mean in terms of time and frames) i.e. the singer in the nightclub, Young's house, Young's wife drinking wine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thing is, i was not the biggest SG1/A fan, watch a few over the years. I found it very cheesy and lightweight. I loved The Replicators though!....i find SGU more gritty, dark and interesting.

It's not so bubble gum, dark and brooding is a nice turn of the screw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

We need more boobs on SGU!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

We need more boobs on SGU!

It would be a step forward. I, along with boob lovers everywhere I'm sure, am still dismayed that they went and removed the boobs from the extended pilot of SG1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement