Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars in Cork city that stock good whiskey?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Im at a whits end at this stage,im trying to get my hands on(taste) the entire top shelf collection of Diageos whiskey portfolio but I have only been able to find the Busmills 10 and 16 abd johnny walker black!
    I need to get my hands on the green label and talisker etc but cant find them anywhere!

Oval,soho,bodega,Dennehys,Chateau,sine e,raven, shelbourne etc..have all been tried but to no affail! Granted they arent a pub you would think of fine whiskeys but they do stock alot of different brands due to there size and age>
    Can anyone recommened somewhere in the city where I could get my hands on them asap!

Cheers
    Shane
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Why dont you try the residents bar in Jurys on Western Road? They normally stock a good selection of Scotch/Irish malts.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

most places in cork have fairly watered down whiskey these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Hayfield manor hotel has a fine whiskey selection on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

cheers lads, I didnt even think about the better hotels....

The bushmills 10 btw is something special also the glenfiddich is worth a nose for those interested of havent tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Abbot's Ale House on Devonshire Street have a bottle of Talisker in the bar at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

smegmar wrote: »
    most places in cork have fairly watered down whiskey these days :P
    Cheeky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Ignore the joker above!
    I have never worked in a bar that watered down drinks(14 bars in cork alone)

Its only "langers" like him that dont have a clue anyway and dont know the difference between a pub and a house mesure so we wont bnother with him!

Jurys by the way have talisker but no one has johnny walker green in the city but with saying that I am one of the few people in the world with 6 bottles of the bushmills millenium brand :D

Ill sway a bottle for a bottle of johnny walker green ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I think it was a joke about the floods...

There's a place called The Whisky Bar on Union Quay, but I have no idea if their association with whisky goes beyond the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,989 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Brockagh wrote: »
    I think it was a joke about the floods...

There's a place called The Whisky Bar on Union Quay, but I have no idea if their association with whisky goes beyond the name.

closed down:mad:
    although i must admit, i never went

Advertisement