Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men and weight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

hahaha when i was in school if a guy had hooked up with some girl and lads wanted to know how far it went one guy would ask - 'did ye lay pipe?' to which the answer was 'savage wavin'....hahaha
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    In my school 'laying pipe' was something totally different and thank God a girl from your school never asked me to lay some pipe in her or she would have got some fecking shock I tell ya :D

Looks like it wasn't just my school where saying "Laying Pipe" meant going for a sh*te. Can you imagine the confusing.

"Oh yeah, lay some pipe in me".

"Eh, okay wahtever turns you on .. are you sure now love though" :D
    laying pipe
    (v) To take or the act of taking a ****. Specifically a large, cylandrical, log-like dump.
    "I was laying some serious pipe on the ****ter.
    "

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laying%20pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

To each their own. As long as I find the entire package nice it's all good. Would have to say tho if they went past chunky and into the properly obese side of things I wouldn't be able to overlook it.

I'm 6ft, 85kg, go to the gym but I'm no fitness freak nor am I buff. One of the nice things about going to the gym is tonight, if I want, I can go have a large dominoes pepperoni passion and not have to cry myself to sleep about not making the next weight watchers weigh in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Any key? wrote: »
    Weight has never bothered me at all. I have fancied heavy lads and slim lads. I haven't even thought about it, It really doesn't matter.

Height would be more important than weight imo(and many girls I know)....which is a bit of a shame as lads can't do much about what height they are.

But I think in general girls are more forgiving than guys when it comes to weight. As for height...well, as a woman who is close to 6' in heels, I think I may be too tall for a lot of guys who aren't into Amazons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Nobody knows what women want, not even women themselves.
    Yep they do. They may sometimes have difficulty explaining in some linear checklist way, but they know exactly what they want and what revs them up. I find "women dont know what they want/are unfathomable" is a cop out from men(and some women too). Hey you're in good company, Sigmund Freud said the same:D
    Women I find tend will go for the chubbier guy over the skinnier guy. I would say this is because they unconsciously perceive it to be more masculine but I'm probably completely wrong.
    I would agree. My take would be that the slightly chubbier guy may make them feel less self conscious of any body issues they may have. On average women have more of those than men as they know its a lot of how they're judged, by men and other women. It's a lot easier to be more at peace with ones wobbly bits if the man you snuggle up to has some wobbly bits of his own. Maybe?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Looks like it wasn't just my school where saying "Laying Pipe" meant going for a sh*te. Can you imagine the confusing.

"Oh yeah, lay some pipe in me".

"Eh, okay wahtever turns you on .. are you sure now love though" :D

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laying%20pipe

Wow. Might have been a local thing I guess. Or maybe just something that passed out of use. like i said havne't heard it in YEARS
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Sigmund Freud said the same:D

Freud was a headcase himself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Any key? wrote: »
    which is a bit of a shame as lads can't do much about what height they are.

Nonsense.

stovelid wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Sean Penn's only 5'9 himself so Bono is what .. 5'5 or something? Nah, really?

Explains why he's so mouthy......small man syndrome....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

5'6.5" http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0095104/bio

lols they use half an inch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Big men know where the food is. I want food. Ergo, I want a big man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Women only care how much money a guy has
    Men look for looks in a woman but it is not everything either

Money + Thin and buff = success in men

Attractiveness in women = success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Seriously, you've got to stop saying that - it just looks silly.

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Dudess wrote: »

Okay, maybe 'only' is stretching the truth but it certainly means much more to women, for a man to have money that it means to man that women have money.

If you polled women I would say it would be in the top three requests for them that a guy would earn more money than them.

I think if guys like a girl then money is far far less important than looks and personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Dudess wrote: »

In my experiences this is the core requirement in alot of women both Irish & foreign. I couldn't really care about the money question but when it becomes just about the money then it becomes a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Give me John Wayne over David Beckham any day of the week.

I like a man to be like a comfy armchair, rather than a priceless chair that looks nice but you wouldn't care to sit on it for long.

/durty minds need not answer this post..

I like a man to be like a comfy armchair, rather than a priceless chair that looks nice but you wouldn't care to sit on it for long.

Chair-ist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

That's cause women are better than men. They have an ability to see a man in a nightclub or a supermarket and look past a beer belly or fat ot that few extra stone and see the real person underneath.

You'll see women each and every day approaching guys telling them that they can see that they have a lovely personality and would love to date them, as tall dark handsome fit guys just walk passed all depressed, getting snubbed.

I feel sorry for those really toned guys that are bast*rds that get pushed aside for the chubby nice guys with the great sense of humour. I feel for them, I really do. Women are just amazing, while men are just pigs.

I guess what we were taught as kids is soooo true:

What are little boys made of?
    Snips and snails
    And puppy-dog tails,
    That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?
    Sugar and spice and all things nice,
    That's what little girls are made of
    As quoted by Vin Diesel in fast and furious "the eyes-she has to have eyes capable of seeing through all the bull**** and finding the good in someone"

I take absolutely no responsibilty for the accuracy of this quote :pac:

Actually note added Vin Diesel is startin to get a bit of a gut lol

Bonito wrote: »
    As quoted by Vin Diesel in fast and furious "the eyes-she has to have eyes capable of seeing through all the bull**** and finding the good in someone"

I take absolutely no responsibilty for the accuracy of this quote :pac:

Actually note added Vin Diesel is startin to get a bit of a gut lol

You do realise that I didn't mean a word of that post don't you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Chair-ist!

Wut?

Nothin' wrong with The Duke.

You do realise that I didn't mean a word of that post don't you? :D
    Shhhhh you ment every word of it,women know all and see all (tell them what they wanna hear and we get into the good books, and good books means good times :) )

I hope you see where im going with this :) Vin Diesel does :D

ALL HAIL THE WOMEN :pac:

• Advertisement

CO-SIGN.

I can't handle men who seem like they spend more time on their hair than I do. The sooner the "metrosexual" fad dies, the better. :mad:

CO-SIGN.

I can't handle men who seem like they spend more time on their hair than I do. The sooner the "metrosexual" fad dies, the better. :mad:
    whats a metro-sexual?lol

CO-SIGN.

My hair care routine consists of about 15 second run thru with product on about the one or two occasions a week I bother to care what my hair looks like. apart from that - nada. don't even remember when i last owned a comb :P

I think the correct term on AH is "wimminz", thanks. ;)

Shhhhh you ment every word of it,women know all and see all (tell them what they wanna hear and we get into the good books, and good books means good times :) )

I hope you see where im going with this :) Vin Diesel does :D

I hear ya .. ;)

I'm a Fingallian myself. Trapped on the southside for a few years. I never feel home till I can see some airplanes overhead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A metrosexual is a guy like Cristiano Ronaldo - woman with tackle basically.

Not hot.

I think the correct term on AH is "wimminz", thanks. ;)
    so what would be the singular of these "wimminz" :D

I hear ya .. ;)

I'm a Fingallian myself. Trapped on the southside for a few years. I never feel home till I can see some airplanes overhead :(
    Ahhhh the previous (pending plural of "wimminz" you must insert word here) was southside :D

wonder what happened her actually :pac:

On 2nd thought, I dont, I couldnt give a f**k :)

I got abused for being a northsider on southside

discrimination or what :(

whats a metro-sexual?lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

Salon.com has apparently crowned David Beckham King of the Metrosexuals:

"Becks is the poster boy of what I have termed elsewhere metrosexuality. His hero/role-model status combined with his out-of-the-closet narcissism and love of shopping and fashion and apparent indifference to being thought of as "******y" means that for corporations he is a pricelessly potent vector for persuading millions, if not billions, of young men around the world to express themselves "fearlessly," to be "individuals" -- by wearing exactly what he wears. Beckham is the über-metrosexual, not just because he rams metrosexuality down the throats of those men churlish enough to remain retrosexual and refuse to pluck their eyebrows, but also because he is a sportsman, a man of substance -- a "real" man -- who wishes to disappear into surfaceness in order to become ubiquitous -- to become media. Becks is The One, and better looking than Keanu -- but, be warned, he's working for the Matrix."

• Advertisement

Give me John Wayne..

OutlawPete knows this cowboy you speak of. Called me a pilgrim in saloon about three days ride from these here parts .. should I cross his path again I'll pass along your kind words mam.

*giddyup*

Advertisement