Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men and weight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I blame women and their great cooking. If most men had to make their own dinner we'd probably be as lean as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

Salon.com has apparently crowned David Beckham King of the Metrosexuals:

"Becks is the poster boy of what I have termed elsewhere metrosexuality. His hero/role-model status combined with his out-of-the-closet narcissism and love of shopping and fashion and apparent indifference to being thought of as "******y" means that for corporations he is a pricelessly potent vector for persuading millions, if not billions, of young men around the world to express themselves "fearlessly," to be "individuals" -- by wearing exactly what he wears. Beckham is the über-metrosexual, not just because he rams metrosexuality down the throats of those men churlish enough to remain retrosexual and refuse to pluck their eyebrows, but also because he is a sportsman, a man of substance -- a "real" man -- who wishes to disappear into surfaceness in order to become ubiquitous -- to become media. Becks is The One, and better looking than Keanu -- but, be warned, he's working for the Matrix."
    Well gladly I have never followed ANY of mr david "the poooooooof" beckhams fashion ideas and never will

(seriously who still wears ball stranglers these days?)

David "the poooooooof" beckham does hahahaha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

Salon.com has apparently crowned David Beckham King of the Metrosexuals:

"Becks is the poster boy of what I have termed elsewhere metrosexuality. His hero/role-model status combined with his out-of-the-closet narcissism and love of shopping and fashion and apparent indifference to being thought of as "******y" means that for corporations he is a pricelessly potent vector for persuading millions, if not billions, of young men around the world to express themselves "fearlessly," to be "individuals" -- by wearing exactly what he wears. Beckham is the über-metrosexual, not just because he rams metrosexuality down the throats of those men churlish enough to remain retrosexual and refuse to pluck their eyebrows, but also because he is a sportsman, a man of substance -- a "real" man -- who wishes to disappear into surfaceness in order to become ubiquitous -- to become media. Becks is The One, and better looking than Keanu -- but, be warned, he's working for the Matrix."

hahah thats hilarious

so what would be the singular of these "wimminz" :D

the singular is also wimminz, much like sheep is the singular of sheep, or fish is the singlar of fish :p:D:eek:

Joke ladies - don't hurt me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Bonito wrote: »
    Ahhhh the previous (pending plural of "wimminz" you must insert word here) was southside :D

wonder what happened her actually :pac:

On 2nd thought, I dont, I couldnt give a f**k :)

I got abused for being a northsider on southside

discrimination or what :(

"Southside" refers to the South Side of Chicago...and we're basically seen as the northsiders are in Dublin. Except we have more drugs and more guns.

And thanks for your concern for my well-being. :rolleyes:

I blame women and their great cooking. If most men had to make their own dinner we'd probably be as lean as ****.

nah we'd just eat take away. obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"Southside" refers to the South Side of Chicago...and we're basically seen as the northsiders are in Dublin. Except we have more drugs and more guns.

Do us a favour and shoot Oprah for us would ya :P

And thanks for your concern for my well-being. :rolleyes:
    concern for well being?

*thinks of drunken night with different southside girl*

ahhhhh how are you,well look at the time i must be off

*immediately leaves AH*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

nah we'd just eat take away. obviously

I don't have that choice. Never have any credit to ring for takeaway and too far to walk to the takeaway :(

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Do us a favour and shoot Oprah for us would ya :P

Only if you take Mayor Daley. With his prowess in fiscal management, commitment to the public good, and well-honed communication skills, he could surely be a senior minister for the current government.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OutlawPete wrote: »
    OutlawPete knows this cowboy you speak of. Called me a pilgrim in saloon about three days ride from these here parts .. should I cross his path again I'll pass along your kind words mam.

*giddyup*

"Now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it don't matter...I'm gonna blow your head off. It's as simple as that."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭interlocked

I think what women want (ok what this fickle woman wants, anyway) may be a response to what they have just had. The last guy I dated was kind of fussy about everything: he exercised regularly, was careful about what he ate, and basically spent his whole life never trying to rock the boat. The current guy I'm dating smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish, and doesn't give a **** about what other people think about him or his life choices. It is a blessed relief, and I don't miss the ex's six-pack one bit. :D

Er, do you have a sister:D

I don't have that choice. Never have any credit to ring for takeaway and too far to walk to the takeaway :(

you can make free calls to landlines via the net. since u on boards you can do that. is the takeaway further than the shop where you need to buy ingredients to cook ?

hahah thats hilarious

That article could have been a lot shorter; all the author really needed to say was "Stop letting your crazy-ass wife dress you and leave her hair products alone."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Okay SS, now we'll all calm down!

You know I haven't lost my temper in over 25 years, but Sharpshooter, you caused a lot of trouble in this here thread tonight.

I might have got somebody banned, and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth.

But I won't. I won't.

The hell I won't!

Er, do you have a sister:D

Haha, I do, and she's married with four kids (¡qué horror!).

Given the rate at which I'm consuming massive quantities of beer, cigarettes, and fried pork products with the current guy, the next guy is going to have to be a vegan yogi or something. But if that suits, let me know... ;)

Haha, I do, and she's married with four kids (¡qué horror!).

Given the rate at which I'm consuming massive quantities of beer, cigarettes, and fried pork products with the current guy, the next guy is going to have to be a vegan yogi or something. But if that suits, let me know... ;)
    is this (singular) wimminz planning on not lasting with the present beer,ciggy,fried pork product feeding man of which she speaks?

And no this doesnt suit,i likes my wimminz who likes their foods and likes even mores to burn it off in the bedrooms,kitchens,bathrooms,cars :D

(jesus that's a lot of plurals i sound like jar jar binks :) )

is this (singular) wimminz planning on not lasting with the present beer,ciggy,fried pork product feeding man of which she speaks?

And no this doesnt suit,i likes my wimminz who likes their foods and likes even mores to burn it off in the bedrooms,kitchens,bathrooms,cars :D

(jesus that's a lot of plurals i sound like jar jar binks :) )

Hmm, if all were well I would be out consuming said pork and tobacco products rather than at home bitching on the boards with a bottle of cava. :(

As for liking food (and bringing it back to the original post at least a bit), my philosophy is that life is too short to torture yourself with sugar substitutes, lean beef or fake meat soy products. That said, I don't want to die fat and alone only to be found three weeks later, half-eaten by wild dogs. So while there can be lots of love and other indoor sports to maintain the zexy, lots o' beer = no bread or soda for this south sider.

Hmm, if all were well I would be out consuming said pork and tobacco products rather than at home bitching on the boards with a bottle of cava. :(

As for liking food (and bringing it back to the original post at least a bit), my philosophy is that life is too short to torture yourself with sugar substitutes, lean beef or fake meat soy products. That said, I don't want to die fat and alone only to be found three weeks later, half-eaten by wild dogs. So while there can be lots of love and other indoor sports to maintain the zexy, lots o' beer = no bread or soda for this south sider.
    there's nothing better than bitching on boards with a bottle of cava :D

mind you i had a budweiser instead

who consumes these said pork and tobacco products at this hour :)

no wonder there be many problems in relation to this thread

also, i did not understand the last sentance of your comment sooooooo......emmmm.....wasnt i supposed to leave already lol

there's nothing better than bitching on boards with a bottle of cava :D

mind you i had a budweiser instead

who consumes these said pork and tobacco products at this hour :)

no wonder there be many problems in relation to this thread

also, i did not understand the last sentance of your comment sooooooo......emmmm.....wasnt i supposed to leave already lol

Are you sure we are talking about the same south side? I am talking about Cottage Grove and the #6, not Terenure and the 15B. :)

As for the pork and tobacco products, yeah I think they may explain a lot when it comes to the potbellies mentioned in the OP...especially when washed down with several pints at 1am. not that I would know or anything...

hahaha haven't heard that one in a long time. Cue lots of wavin references.

Hmmm I just woke up after sleeping off hangover and chips.
    I think a run is in order :P
    my grandad worked in wavin for 42 years :D

he's now retired and has the body of a 20-somethin year old as he never drank or smoked or had these "pork products" we've been speaking of

he's also one of the nicest men you'd ever meet in your whole life :) Pity my c**t of a nanny had an affair with an aul fat bastard

wait,looks like the fatties are better than the fitties at gettin the wimminz in the end :(

• Advertisement

who said anything about south side?

i think you're deliberately trying to confuse me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

I'm a slightly larger than average, would be chubby if I was shorter, guy. Form a queue, girls... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm trying to buck the trend of overweight Irish guys by doing my best to get thin. Started back eating right and going to the gym two weeks ago and I've lost 7.4 lbs which is just over half a stone.

Still a fair bit to go but I'm digging out the six pack and Superman bulletproof chest ;)

I'm trying to buck the trend of overweight Irish guys by doing my best to get thin. Started back eating right and going to the gym two weeks ago and I've lost 7.4 lbs which is just over half a stone.

Still a fair bit to go but I'm digging out the six pack and Superman bulletproof chest ;)

half a stone in 2 weeks !!!:eek:

went for my first run in weeks yday......ouch...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Personally I always think sex appeal is about confidence. If a man buys clothes that fit him well and holds his head high then he is sexy even if he is whippet thin or has a massive beer gut. I don't have a preference but I do think a beer gut can be just as sexy as a washboard stomach. What I don't find attractive is someone who is lacking confidence and has to chuck seven beers down his neck before he will talk to me.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot more men seem to be attending weight management classes so I think Irish men are paying more attention to their bodies but doubt it has anything to do with hotter foreign men invading the country. I will always find an Irish man more attractive than most nationalities anyway.

went for my first run in weeks yday......ouch...

Been there, done that, know what it's like. I use the cross trainer as it's easier on my joints, then just do brisk walking on the treadmill.

It's tough at the start alright. I'm only doing it two weeks now and I'm wishing I could skip ahead a month or two to when I've lost more weight. For me the start is the most difficult. Getting into the habit of eating right, getting into the habit of exercising and being patient for the first few weeks as you don't always see the difference it's making.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Personally I always think sex appeal is about confidence. If a man buys clothes that fit him well and holds his head high then he is sexy even if he is whippet thin or has a massive beer gut. I don't have a preference but I do think a beer gut can be just as sexy as a washboard stomach. What I don't find attractive is someone who is lacking confidence and has to chuck seven beers down his neck before he will talk to me.

Next time you are out, try approaching a guy you fancy and let us know if you find it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Next time you are out, try approaching a guy you fancy and let us know if you find it easy.

I do it all the time. I have no problem doing it.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I do it all the time. I have no problem doing it.

Without drink? Fair enough so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Irishmen seem to be obsessed by sports & the vast majority will play sports for fun, hence keeping fit.

Irishwomen seem to be obsessed by television & the vast majority will spend their nights clued to the box, hence not keeping fit.

/hides under table :p

Advertisement