Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men and weight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Without drink? Fair enough so.

Sometimes but I guess if I am honest I do occasionally have some dutch courage but I have chatted men up in shops, cinema queues, the post office. But I am an unusual case in that I have no shame with strangers but with people I am friendly with I can be very shy.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Irishmen seem to be obsessed by sports & the vast majority will play sports for fun, hence keeping fit.

Irishwomen seem to be obsessed by television & the vast majority will spend their nights clued to the box, hence not keeping fit.

/hides under table :p

But the research suggest otherwise more Irish men are overweight than Irish women or did you read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Lux23 wrote: »
    But the research suggest otherwise more Irish men are overweight than Irish women or did you read it?

I read IT actually............but what has that got to do with Irishmen being overweight? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I do it all the time. I have no problem doing it.

It's much easier for women to approach men in fairness.

Fair play though as so many women would never even think about making the first move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sometimes but I guess if I am honest I do occasionally have some dutch courage but I have chatted men up in shops, cinema queues, the post office. But I am an unusual case in that I have no shame with strangers but with people I am friendly with I can be very shy.

I'm a bit of an idiot like that. I was out last night and there were a few girls hanging around and I sort of got the impression they were waiting for me to go talk to them. I was standing with my mate in the club and I seen this girl going to the bar and I seen her looking at me and saying something to her friend.

A few minutes later her and her friends were all standing near me and my mate, just hanging around and dancing. They ended up going to the dance floor and when they came back they again stood on the other side of us where we could see them better.

Did I even say hello? Of course not.

• Advertisement

I read IT actually............but what has that got to do with Irishmen being overweight? :confused:

That's genius.

I have chatted men up in shops, cinema queues, the post office.

I have got chatted up a few times in cinema queues as it goes. Always Cineworld too. Guess there is shag all else to do when your standing there in a queue of a 1000, a dozen tills and only one member of staff on them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Irishmen seem to be obsessed by sports & the vast majority will play sports for fun, hence keeping fit.

Irishwomen seem to be obsessed by television & the vast majority will spend their nights clued to the box, hence not keeping fit.

/hides under table :p

Irish mean are obsessed by watching and talking about sports. But few bother to actually play them. Personally I hate watching and discussing sport and prefer to do, but its been a challenge lately what with endless cold/flu and stupid rain

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I have got chatted up a few times in cinema queues as it goes. Always Cineworld too. Guess there is shag all else to do when your standing there in a queue of a 1000, a dozen tills and only one member of staff on them :D

Theres a difference between being talked to and being chatted up thou.
    Which do you do lux23 ?

It's much easier for women to approach men in fairness.

Fair play though as so many women would never even think about making the first move.

Well maybe but the fact that at 27 the longest relationship Ive had is 5 months I should really return to the more retro sitting in a corner looking coy. ;) Or I will be chatting up the other OAPs while queuing for my pension.

• Advertisement

That's genius.

Irish mean are obsessed by watching and talking about sports. But few bother to actually play them. Personally I hate watching and discussing sport and prefer to do, but its been a challenge lately what with endless cold/flu and stupid rain

Indoor footie ftw ;)

Which do you do lux23 ?

Well I consider it chatting up I wouldn't do with someone I didn't fancy.

Well maybe but the fact that at 27 the longest relationship Ive had is 5 months I should really return to the more retro sitting in a corner looking coy. ;) Or I will be chatting up the other OAPs while queuing for my pension.

I love both types of girls. Coy but making eye contact is very sexy. Starting to chat is also very very sexy as the guy then knows he can at least be himself and not have to use some cheesy chatup lines.

I would much rather a girl who is 5/10 in looks with a knockout friendly presonality than a 10/10 in looks and doesn't she know it.

Yeah, but if I am in cinema queue and a girl says "Jesus, these f*cking queues are a nightmare" - I don't think .. woo haay, "I've still got it" :)

But, if she starts asking me "What film am I seeing" etc .. then, that to me is 'chatting up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

David Beckham - King of the Metrosexuals? How did he get that title, by having a bare knuckle slap fight with Cristiano Ronaldo in some field surrounded by metros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

David Beckham - King of the Metrosexuals? How did he get that title, by having a bare knuckle slap fight with Cristiano Ronaldo in some field surrounded by metros?

LOL!!!

I think Beckham won it before Ronaldo and his terrifyingly waxed eyebrows (and everything else, apparently) hit the scene...And without an equivalent of Posh by his side, pushing him into black nail polish, sarongs and Armani underwear ads, how can Ronaldo really ever top Becks?

Oh, wait, maybe he can.

David Beckham - King of the Metrosexuals? How did he get that title,

He got it by wearing a dress in public.

Pic ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

He got it by wearing a dress in public.

Pic ..
    No i believe he got it because his wife is more manly and intimidating than him :D

*sound of whip cracking*

LOL!!!

I think Beckham won it before Ronaldo and his terrifyingly waxed eyebrows (and everything else, apparently) hit the scene...And without an equivalent of Posh by his side, pushing him into black nail polish, sarongs and Armani underwear ads, how can Ronaldo really ever top Becks?

Oh, wait, maybe he can.
    Didnt rio ferdinand pull of a similar facade :D

oh look here it is :pac:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/16/article-0-055C377D000005DC-277_468x627.jpg

• Advertisement

Well I consider it chatting up I wouldn't do with someone I didn't fancy.

Interesting. Cause I'll do that if I'm bored - irregardless of attraction or not. its just a nicer way to pass time than standing there to me. somteims gets on my nerves when girls assume its a chatup:eek:

Bonito wrote: »

:eek:

OK, he is tall and very fit but I can't imagine that any woman would find it attractive when her boyfriend's shorts were shorter than hers.

:eek:

OK, he is tall and very fit but I can't imagine that any woman would find it attractive when her boyfriend's shorts were shorter than hers.
    Yes but had you never seen rio ferdinand like that would you have labeled him a "metro-sexual" :D

Yes but had you never seen rio ferdinand like that would you have labeled him a "metro-sexual" :D

TBH I didn't know who Rio Ferdinand was until just now, but based on a quick Google search, I would categorize him as "tacky" maybe rather than metro.

I think metrosexual implies someone who is super-high maintenance, not only with their fitness, but with their grooming, diet, clothes, etc. There has to be a happy medium between the guy who shaves twice a month, showers twice a week, and has a gut, and the guy who spends 3 hours a day at the gym and needs 30 minutes to comb his hair.

TBH I didn't know who Rio Ferdinand was until just now, but based on a quick Google search, I would categorize him as "tacky" maybe rather than metro.

I think metrosexual implies someone who is super-high maintenance, not only with their fitness, but with their grooming, diet, clothes, etc. There has to be a happy medium between the guy who shaves twice a month, showers twice a week, and has a gut, and the guy who spends 3 hours a day at the gym and needs 30 minutes to comb his hair.
    Apologies, I momentarily neglected the fact you're american and you'd have more of a chance knowing who david beckham was as opposed to knowing rio ferdinand :D

But none of these are Irish men sooooo does anyone know of an Irish "metro-sexual"

Being football unconscious I know very little about Ronaldo. But from that photo I would categorise him as 'flaming'. he's even wearing a boob tube! thats not metro, thats just plain cross-dressing

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

No i believe he got it because his wife is more manly and intimidating than him :D

*sound of whip cracking*

WHAP-PA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

I'm 6' 2", 20 stone, and I look like Matthew McConaughey;) I dont give a fuc k what anyone thinks

I was once told I look like tray from Home and Away......

I've never had my hair cut that short again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm 6' 2", 20 stone, and I look like Matthew McConaughey;) I dont give a fuc k what anyone thinks
    My condolences :(

Advertisement