Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish men and weight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

half a stone in 2 weeks !!!:eek:

went for my first run in weeks yday......ouch...

That's quite normal really, if you need to lose a couple of stone then the first maybe even the second stone can be lost in a matter of around 2 months with relative ease. However it begins to get tough from there, getting rid of the stubborn fat (the last 1-2 stone) is a slow process. It takes quite a lot of determination and mental strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    That's quite normal really, if you need to lose a couple of stone then the first maybe even the second stone can be lost in a matter of around 2 months with relative ease. However it begins to get tough from there, getting rid of the stubborn fat (the last 1-2 stone) is a slow process. It takes quite a lot of determination and mental strength.

Nope thats not quite normal, not unless you are atkin'sing things up. And I say this as someone who once lost 2 stone in two months staring with a normal BMI. I'm not sayin its abnormal, but its certainly not normal either

Nope thats not quite normal, not unless you are atkin'sing things up. And I say this as someone who once lost 2 stone in two months staring with a normal BMI. I'm not sayin its abnormal, but its certainly not normal either

I managed it without doing any crazy diets and with 40 minutes of exercise a day. Maybe it's not normal but it's certainly possible if you put in enough effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Everyone's different, some find it easier to lose weight than others, personally i find it impossible to gain fat but burn it easily and build muscle easily, i dont have a crazy diet or crazy workout routine, 45 mins in the gym, 20 mins in the pool, half hour switching between steam room, cold shower, sauna, cold shower.

There was once where i didnt go to the gym for a week, had a fry every morning, had a takeaway pizza every night from Godfathers and went out drinking twice and somehow i lost weight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Bonito wrote: »

There was once where i didnt go to the gym for a week, had a fry every morning, had a takeaway pizza every night from Godfathers and went out drinking twice and somehow i lost weight :confused:

I vote to burn the witch!:mad:

• Advertisement

TheKells wrote: »
    I vote to burn the witch!:mad:
    :confused:

I was implying you had a supernatural weight losing power by comparing you to a witch. Its even less funny when I had to explain it:(

TheKells wrote: »
    I was implying you had a supernatural weight losing power by comparing you to a witch. Its even less funny when I had to explain it:(
    But that would make me female and a witch :confused:

I just have a high metabolism, the only part of me that get's cold are my hands and feet :D

I think he/she is saying you used dark magic to somehow come out of that week with weight loss. :P

But that would make me female and a witch :confused:

I just have a high metabolism, the only part of me that get's cold are my hands and feet :D

Well manwitch then:cool:
    I think he/she is saying you used dark magic to somehow come out of that week with weight loss. :P
    :)

• Advertisement

No dark magic, the Godfather just owed me a favour :D

• Women are just less shallow than men, IMO. Look at how many stunners are walking around with average looking, pot bellied guys. Looks would not be the most important thing to me personally, I'd rather the guy was funny, kind, intelligent than a Brad Pitt lookalike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »
    Seriously, you've got to stop posting - it just looks silly.

fyp

[quote=[Deleted User];63138464]Women are just less shallow than men, IMO. Look at how many stunners are walking around with average looking, pot bellied, rich guys. Looks would not be the most important thing to me personally, I'd rather the guy was funny, kind, intelligent than a Brad Pitt lookalike.[/quote]

Fixed that for you...
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

stovelid wrote: »
    fyp
    Fixed that for you...

Liposuction?!?:pac:

• Fixed that for you...

Must be hard to walk around with that chip on your shoulder! My guy has no money and neither do any of my friend's boyfriends. I find it really insulting that you assume women are golddiggers. If I want money, I'll make it myself, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's cause women are better than men. They have an ability to see a man in a nightclub or a supermarket and look past a beer belly or fat ot that few extra stone and see the real person underneath.

You'll see women each and every day approaching guys telling them that they can see that they have a lovely personality and would love to date them, as tall dark handsome fit guys just walk passed all depressed, getting snubbed.

I feel sorry for those really toned guys that are bast*rds that get pushed aside for the chubby nice guys with the great sense of humour. I feel for them, I really do. Women are just amazing, while men are just pigs.

I guess what we were taught as kids is soooo true:

What are little boys made of?
    Snips and snails
    And puppy-dog tails,
    That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?
    Sugar and spice and all things nice,
    That's what little girls are made of

so lame

[quote=[Deleted User];63141960]Must be hard to walk around with that chip on your shoulder! My guy has no money and neither do any of my friend's boyfriends. I find it really insulting that you assume women are golddiggers. If I want money, I'll make it myself, thanks.[/quote]

I'm not being serious!

Besides I injured the opposite shoulder so it evens out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

orourkeda wrote: »
    so lame

I was being sarcastic. Hit the tumbleweeds as usual I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm fairly heavy at the moment so it's not uncommon for me to lose a stone or two quite quickly at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

[quote=[Deleted User];63141960]women are golddiggers[/QUOTE]Well there you have it, straight from the horses mouth.

I disagree however...

[quote=[Deleted User];63141960]Must be hard to walk around with that chip on your shoulder! My guy has no money and neither do any of my friend's boyfriends. I find it really insulting that you assume women are golddiggers. If I want money, I'll make it myself, thanks.[/QUOTE]
    You're quite hostile towards men :)

Me thinks someone needs a good aul fashioned hug :D

Group hug anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

You're quite hostile towards men :)

Me thinks someone needs a good aul fashioned hug :D

Group hug anybody?

Up yours mister!:mad:

Meet you around the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

A metrosexual is a guy like Cristiano Ronaldo - woman with tackle basically.

Not hot.

Not hot?!
    If I had to f*ck a guy, Cristiano Ronaldo would definitely be in the running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Not hot?!
    If I had to f*ck a guy, Cristiano Ronaldo would definitely be running!

FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not hot?!
    If I had to f*ck a guy, Cristiano Ronaldo would definitely be in the running!
    Ew... I saw a pic of him wearing silver hot-pants and a pink fitted t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Are you sure it wasn't photoshopped....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

geeky wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't photoshopped....?

This photo maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

In the wake of all of the debate in AH about the desirability of Irish women, I found this article from the Irish Times on men and weight rather interesting.

Despite all of the fuss on the boards about "muffin tops" and "manly arms" on Irish women, apparently pot bellies among the guys aren't uncommon either. But according to the article men aren't that concerned. And in general, women seem to be more ok with having a chunky partner than vice-versa.

Maybe if Ireland suddenly experienced an influx of slim and trim South American men they would step up their game and hit the gym - the same way Irish women are apparently expected to with the influx of slimmer Eastern European women? :rolleyes: Or maybe the economic crisis will force more men to cut down on the pints/fish and chips/breakfast fry-ups? Perhaps something good can come out of the recession...

im in the gym 6 days a week, always exercising, perfect diet, and im Somewhat toned... :|

loads of my mates aren't fat or out of shape, bar the odd exception, but thats normal

Honestly, please don't talk sh*te, if i wanted to hear it id listen to irish radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I had to f*ck up a guy, Cristiano Ronaldo would definitely be in the running!

That's better.

Advertisement