Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone for the wife - HTC Hero, LG Arena, Samsung Jet

• 21-11-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Thinking about getting a new phone for the wife for christmas to replace her knackered K800i.
    She is thinking about porting to Meteor and I am looking at one of the following;
    HTC Hero
    Samsung Jet
    LG Arena

The main things she wants to do is the usual phone and text, take and view photos, a little email, internet and facebook, music. It needs to be fairly straight forward to use and have reasonable battery life.

Can anyone give any feedback on these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The jet will do all those things pretty well. The camera in particular is excellent and video quality is amongst the best available on a phone.

It is great for texting due to a qwerty keyboard in landscape mode, but some people can't get on with touchscreens.

The Jet does not come with a dedicated facebook widget, but the latest firmware for it does add such a widget and whole host of other improvements. Of course facebook can still be accessed via the web browser without the latest firmware.

If your wife is likely to want to switch between WiFi and 3G for the internet stuff regularly, then the Jet is a PITA and she would probably hate it. If she mainly uses one or the other than it is fine.

The Jet has a standard headphone jack and the sound quality with decent headphones is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

The new illuvial nokia 5530 is definetly worth a look.. its touchscreen, 3.2mp camera and has wi-fi. Only available in carphonewarehouse here and only on meteor. cpw link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

I recently got the HTC Hero and althouth I find it to be a great phone, if the camera aspect is an important feature for her, I wouldn't advice the hero, it's a definite weakness of it

Advertisement