Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DS card

Options
  • 21-11-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Don't have a DS so I'm not up on the modding side of it but want to get a card like the R4 for the girlfriend for xmas so was just wondering what is the best card to get for the DS Lite and any recommendations where to get it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Don't have a DS so I'm not up on the modding side of it but want to get a card like the R4 for the girlfriend for xmas so was just wondering what is the best card to get for the DS Lite and any recommendations where to get it would be great. Thanks in advance.

DealExtreme for the price, but make sure you order something that is marked as in stock. Their stock levels are not updated live, so even things ordered that are "in stock" may not be - keep an eye on the comments for the product you're looking at, they'll usually say something like "Is this ever coming back in stock" if the item has a large wait time. In my experience out of stock items can take months to get delivered.

I've used the AceKard2 and the Edge card, both are good in what they do but both me & my sister prefer the AceKard 2 (AK2) because of the AKAIO OS (the official AK2 OS is nowhere near as nice as the AKAIO :))

Both cards came to around $12 when I got them last year. Throw in a 4GB SDHC microSD card and you're laughing, cheap as chips and a nice present - but do keep an eye on your order. I ordered a second EDGE card in Feb, by April it wasn't here so I cancelled, thankfully I wasn't waiting on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thanks for that. Think I've probably left it to late for deal extreme I believe their delivery is very hit and miss. If it was just for myself I wouldn't mind but I'll look into the card you mentioned.

Advertisement