Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Nokia E71 in South East Asia?

• 21-11-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi all,

Off to SE Asia (will be in Thai most of the time)and considering buying an E71 before I go. I will need it mainly for gmail and light web browsing while I'm away. Will an E71 I buy here work in Thailand, and also what Thai network should I get connected to? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Off to SE Asia (will be in Thai most of the time)and considering buying an E71 before I go. I will need it mainly for gmail and light web browsing while I'm away. Will an E71 I buy here work in Thailand, and also what Thai network should I get connected to? Cheers.

GSM World has a list of all the GSM networks available throughout the world. Thailand uses GSM bands, 800, 1800 and 1900, so having a tri-band handset will work fine and since the E71 is a quad-band handset, you should have no problem using your handset in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Use it with a voda ie sim and you can get 50mb browsing per day on the live apn for 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Flodis, will it not be cheaper for me to buy a thai simcard and use one of their networks?

Thanks a million for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Not sure now, might be worth checking out.

Advertisement