Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alone at Christmas?

• 21-11-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Where do you go for Christmas if you are a bright, intelligent, funny, good person who has a difficult family? That you would rather spend it on your own then in an environment where there is fights, stroppiness and tantrums. What happens if you have no family at all? That you haven't met that special person yet to create your own family. I'm 34 and trying to figure out what I am going to do at Christmas.
    Anyone else in the same boat? or similiar?

Are you alone for Christmas? 1 vote

Yes, I am a shy person
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, I am an out-going person and have many friends
    0% 0 votes
    No, I have loads of family and places to go.. how could anyone be alone?
    100% 1 vote
    No, I have family ...I count myself lucky!!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

missniamh wrote: »
    Where do you go for Christmas if you are a bright, intelligent, funny, good person who has a difficult family? That you would rather spend it on your own then in an environment where there is fights, stroppiness and tantrums. What happens if you have no family at all? That you haven't met that special person yet to create your own family. I'm 34 and trying to figure out what I am going to do at Christmas.

Anyone else in the same boat? or similiar?

Try a dating website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Personally, I'd love to have just one Christmas on my own.
    Just me, booze, food and T.V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

You could come over to mine.....

....I do an awesome naked christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Xmas day is no different to any other day in my house, apart from shít TV!

Just stock up on some dvds, chill out and enjoy it. It's no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Would any of your friends have you over. Do they know your predicament?

One of my best mates does Christmas with me and my family /extended family most years.

• Advertisement

Go home for the food.. That's it. This year it's just me and my mum and I know I'm gonna get socks and Call of Duty..
    If the food's not good, I won't be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

A lot of people spend time alone at Christmas, me personally, I prefer it. Im not into the whole close family happy times. My other half will go to her family home and I quite happily stay at home relaxing and smelling the xmas tree.

But, as posted earlier, im sure if you asked your friends, they would have you over no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Try here OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

missniamh wrote: »
    Where do you go for Christmas if you are a bright, intelligent, funny, good person who has a difficult family?

Star in a sitcom?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement