Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gatso - Barberstown to Maynooth

• 21-11-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Seen twice during the week, white gatso van. Parked up before Maynooth, but 500 yards before the TLC Centre on the left. Probably catch you coming over the hill from Barberstown.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

...if you're speeding :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

It's difficult not to on that road tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

It's difficult not to on that road tbh.

In a car with a manually controlled throttle and a speedo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Seen twice during the week, white gatso van. Parked up before Maynooth, but 500 yards before the TLC Centre on the left. Probably catch you coming over the hill from Barberstown.

Can you stick it in here plz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That must be one of the most policed sections of road in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

E39MSport wrote: »
    In a car with a manually controlled throttle and a speedo ?

Must be a bit harder for you to speed, being up on your high horse and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Can you stick it in here plz?

Completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kildarelad

Everybody goes a bot over the limit on that road

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Completed.

Thanks.

KamiKazi wrote: »

Nah, it's just something I don't do.

If conformnig to the legal speed limits and commenting on another's apparent lack of ability to control a vehicles speed on a flat piece of road constitutes being on one's high horse, then yes, in your eyes I must almost look Greek.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ok then - on a dual carriageway limited to 100km/h, what speed would you be doing on average? What max speed would you do?

Throw it up to 100 and whack on the cruise. Same for the 60 on the 50. Chimples.

It doesn't bother me.

I have to admit that once upon a time I used to drive like a bellend but now at the ripe old age of 36, the dude abides. Having said that, I didn't drive over the limit because it was difficult not to, rather because I was a total t*at with no regard for others and how much better things would be if we all went along with the prescribed rules rather than imposing our own version of how it 'should' be onto others.

How about yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

KamiKazi wrote: »
    * yawns *. If you have a point, make it.

E39MSport wrote: »
    How about yourself?

I drive at whatever speed I deem to be safe for the road and conditions at the time, not at the limit set by some councillor to increase revenue from speeding tickets.

attachment.php?attachmentid=96912&stc=1&d=1258989237

Advertisement