Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What influences you when looking to rent a property?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Just wondering what people's vaues are when renting properties etc.

Personally mine are :

the obvious - price and of course resonable condition etc for the price,
    space, character; whether it be through the architecture of a place or the furniture and design inside, i prefer big sitting rooms and bedrooms then a bigger kitchen than sitting rooms for instance, preeferaably a washing machine, 2 bedrooms, electric shower, open fire is always nice, and finally dishwasher!

i suppose mine are a tad different - location isnt affecting me, not at the moment anyways but i assume its a major one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

price
    condition/decent appliances
    modern

in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Clean, decent sized bedrooms, decent furniture - not cheap or non-matching crap - and (very important) soundproofing! Nothing worse than being able to hear your flatmate in the next room or even your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Price.
    Size of the room.
    Facilities (washing machine, dryer, cooker, etc).
    How near it is to my place of work, or near to transport to my place of work.
    How near is the closest shop & pub. Nothing worse than no bog roll, and the shop being an hour away.
    Soundproofing to a degree, but I'd put insulation above that. The noise can be ignored, the coldness can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

Neighbours - check them out carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Location, location, location and price :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement