Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best toy shop up north

Options
  • 21-11-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all.
    will be heading up north hopefully to get all the kids toys for christmas. i am just wondering where the best place's for shopping for toys. want to buy nintendo wii + games - also my youngest is 18months. plan to get d lot up north. will be looking for a smiths/toys r us etc......or is there any other good toy shops

...do u think i'll be making a saving by going up north......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey the smyths shop in newry is quite good but the prices compared to down here are fairly similar,not massive saving.if you have look at toysrus website to compare prices to smyths.argos toys are alot cheaper in the north than in ireland.also boots have 3for 2 on toys.the newry shops didny have anything when i went up about a month ago but they might now that its closer to christmas or if anyone know of a larger boots that has them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123LU

thanks a mill...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

In my experience, i think Argos would cover you for most things you need, including Toys. And is cheaper there than the Smyths et al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

For video games Argos are hard to beat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Online might be your best bet for computer games. Check places like play.com and ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

there are some good deals on games consoles in xtravision at the moment so if i were you id check there too for the wii.

i went up a few weeks ago and got in our santa stuff. what i did was compared the prices of the things on the web between smyths here, up north and then toys r us. id recomend you do the same because some things may not be worthwhile getting up there for example one of my kids wanted a green machine (like a go kart) they were £99 up north and 119 euro here. which isnt a great differnce considering the space it would have taken up in the car, which of course meant i could fit less in the car.

Advertisement