Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headlamp or lens for s60

• 21-11-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Folks any help here finding a drivers side light unit or lens only. I am having no luck with any breakers yard and best I can find is ebay for a lens only @ $74 before customs from US (will that work ?).

Mods can you change the Title please to "Lens".. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The US lens might be setup for a LHD car, not sure if this can be changed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

bennyc wrote: »

No it's funnier to let people think you are looking for men :D

Only messing, edited for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    The US lens might be setup for a LHD car, not sure if this can be changed or not.

It's more likely got the symmetric US beam pattern which isn't handed because it doesn't have the upward pointing wedge that we have in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I was afraid of that , 100$ delivered from us for incorrect allignment , I cant even find one in a breakers here so this could get costly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Woodey

There only about €90 from a dealer

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭DaMonk

Folks any help here finding a drivers side light unit or lens only. I am having no luck with any breakers yard and best I can find is ebay for a lens only @ $74 before customs from US (will that work ?).

autobreak in Limerick had a few S60's last time I was there, about2 months if you want to try them? number is 061-314678

Quote for this from dealer, 440 inc vat, 555 fitted.
    Actually the price for fitting is not that bad considering the bumper has to be lowered.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Quote for this from dealer, 440 inc vat, 555 fitted.
    Actually the price for fitting is not that bad considering the bumper has to be lowered.
    How many hours are involved in this?

I got the impression that it would take two hours but they were charging only 100 for it which for a dealer is quite good.

Either way I found one in the North in a breakers for £80. So my local man will be able to install for under 50 I would say.
    So with any luck I will get away for under 200 sheets.

I should have followed and got the reg of the lorry with the flapping straps:mad::mad::mad:

Back Again !!!

Turns out the breaker only has Xenon Lamps , he is selling them still for under half pricwe of a new lamp. Does anyone know if I can fit these. If I could I would take two sets.
    All I can gather from searching is that 01-04 headlamps are the same on all models. But the question is would the wiring be different for Xenon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

All I can gather from searching is that 01-04 headlamps are the same on all models. But the question is would the wiring be different for Xenon.

There were Xenon's available as on option on the pre-facelift model, but they are very rare and I've seen few Irish cars specified with them.

I'd presume wiring would be different on them all right.

Advertisement