Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best way to shoot with off-camera flash

• 21-11-2009 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I was reading about how some people are able to shoot with the flash off-camera.

What's the cheapest way to achieve this and get good results.

I've seen these 20 dollar triggers on ebay; has anyone used them and if so are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ebay triggers which are wireless or you could get a big long sync cable if you camera and flash can use one together.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I just got my set of triggers last week, around 45 if i remember right for transmitter and 3 triggers. Work perfect. I used on my first job last week, now honestly I have to say there were a couple of ropy moments when I wasnt sure if I was doing it right, I hadnt practiced well with them as i had been focusing on other areas prior but as soon as I got the hang of it it was perfect.

I dont have tripods for the flashes yet but this is something that I will be looking into asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

swingking wrote: »
    I was reading about how some people are able to shoot with the flash off-camera.

What's the cheapest way to achieve this and get good results.

I've seen these 20 dollar triggers on ebay; has anyone used them and if so are they any good?

Yea they work just fine, do what they say on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hmm I might give those a try then.
    feedback seems positive

Thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

I got some of the Chinese ones on ebay. They are fine though remember your flash will have to be set manually - ETTL or the Nikon equivalent is not passed over the wireless link on the cheap triggers.

Other alternatives are optical triggers which you could activate using the built in flash on your camera. Again you need to adjust the flashes manually.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=7850

• Advertisement
Advertisement