Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flood Avoidance Help with Round Ireland 2 Day Trip

• 21-11-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've got to do a delivery Sunday and Monday covering the whole country. Sunday will be Wexford-Waterford-Cork-Limerick-Galway-Athlone and Monday will be Athlone-Letterkenny-Dublin.

I'm pretty sure I'm avoiding the main flood areas in the cities themselves but I'm on quite a tight time schedule and as well as traffic problems, I don't want to have to risk driving through any deep waters on the way.

I've drawn up this image with directions included: http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5029/floodavoidance.jpg

I've omitted the actual delivery locations in the directions but most of it's there anyway.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on the above and possible detour routes I should take :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

From Mallow to Limerick you should be fine, the roads outside Ennis will hopefully be passable, im not sure which ones are closed etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There has been flooding in Enniscorthy and Gort, although I don't know what its like now. Oranmore to Ballinasloe has been badly hit, but they've prematurely opened parts of the M6 (50km/h limit). I've not heard about the rest of the route, but expect some problems.

Use the bypass to avoid having to go through Waterford.

I think let the customers on the last legs know that you might be delayed, but that you'll phone on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies :)

I just hope there's detour signs :eek: I'll be doing the south tomorrow so hopefully the traffic wont be heavy on the detours. My route is sending over the brother Edmund bridge to Waterford then to passage east through Dunmore, will I run into trouble here I wonder?

In Athlone now, did Wex-Waterford-Cork-Limerick-Galway-Athlone today and the only delays were bout a 10 minute delay around the Gort area and then about 30 minute delay around Balinaslo. I heard on the radio there's a 90 minute delay on the way to Carrick on Shannon from Sligo so I hope this doesn't interfere with Athone-Letterkenny-Dublin tomorrow :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

should be OK tomorrow , leave before 7 , go Ballymahon - Edgeworthstown not Ballymahon Longford

• Advertisement

Not due in Letterkenny till 13:00 so will be leaving around 10 which should avoid any heavy traffic I hope :)

Advertisement