Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Everton - Live at 5.30pm

• 21-11-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Not holding out much hope, still missing Pienaar, Osman, Neville, Arteta, Jagielka and Anichebe. Bilyaledinov is suspended and Cahill is a major doubt. I can see Moyes going with something like

Howard, Baines, Yobo, Distin, Neill, Heitinga, Rodwell, Fellaini, Gosling, Jo, Saha.

My head says 3-1 to United but my heart says 2-1 Everton with Saha to silence the Stretford end :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is Saha not injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is Saha not injured?
    Not that I know of, nothing on the Everton Official Site about an injury to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Is Saha not injured?

Not on the official site. But Jo is. Some mystery injury.
    I agree with OP. We are missing so many influential players its hard to keep the chin up these days. Saying that if we keep it tight you never know. COYB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I'm going 2-0 United, with Rooney getting on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Jo hasn't really done much so far in his second loan spell. What's the story with Yakubu, will he start on the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Everton have a team full of injuries with Louis Saha (calf), Jack Rodwell (groin), Tim Howard (ankle) and Jo (knee) the latest to spend time in treatment room making them all doubtful for the match.

From Sky.

United have some injury problems of their own, but I'm still going for a 2-0 win.

Starting to become a fan of John 'The Rock' Heitinga, his versatility may become invaluable to us.
    http://www.heitingaofficial.com/en/fobazo_exclusives.asp?AjrPage=2&AjrDcmntId=7270&bandw=high
    Seems to have a bit of a sense of humour too. Lols at Neville in the above link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

killwill wrote: »
    I'm going 2-0 United, with Rooney getting on the team sheet.

He'd want to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Who's showing this today lads?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Who's showing this today lads?
    ESPN mate

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    ESPN mate

Cool, thanks. Always a tough game against Everton.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Always a tough game against Everton.
    beaten by a penalty there the last two seasons. Somehow I can see it being more straightforward for United today. Can't see our midfield being disciplined or passionate enough without Neville. He makes a huge difference

beaten by a penalty there the last two seasons. Somehow I can see it being more straightforward for United today. Can't see our midfield being disciplined or passionate enough without Neville. He makes a huge difference

That's true. A lot will depend on what team Ferguson sends out though. I'd personally like to see Fletcher and Anderson in the middle of the field. I think that gives us good cover for Vidic who's only coming back and Brown who might be lacking a bit of confidence. Would also like to have Valencia right wing because if Fabio is going to play right full, Valencia is a much better option than Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

really hope to see Nani start today. He wa apparently fantastic for Portugal during the week - man of the match, so i'd like to see him given the start and see if he can continue that form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

IrishIrish wrote: »
    He'd want to be!

Ha my bad!!!! Obviously meant score sheet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I really like the Billy guy from Russia, he's a big loss. Added to Cahill being a doubt, I can't see much hope for Everton today.

really hope to see Nani start today. He wa apparently fantastic for Portugal during the week - man of the match, so i'd like to see him given the start and see if he can continue that form.

Yeah I saw that but I could only see him playing on the left and I saw in the United thread that you'd be hoping he'd get a run on the right. I think with Raf being so attack-minded and maybe not so sound defensively, we'd be mad to have Nani in front of him. Valencia always puts in a good shift and would offer that bit of cover that Raf might need.

No problem with him going on the left although this would be the sort of game where Obertan could actually play form the start; see how he does for 90 minutes instead of 15/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Not holding out much hope, still missing Pienaar, Osman, Neville, Arteta, Jagielka and Anichebe. Bilyaledinov is suspended and Cahill is a major doubt. I can see Moyes going with something like

I thought Everton were to give late fitness tests to Osman, Neville and Pienaar? Saw that on Sky Sports News last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Interesting stats:

United have scored 23 goals this season in the Premier League, 17 of those came in the second-half and 13 of them have come at home. None of their goals have come from a corner. 2 of their goals where scored in the opening 15 minutes.

Everton have scored 15 goals this season in the league, 9 of them in the second-half and 6 of them away from home.

Defensively United have conceded 12 goals in the league this term, 7 of them coming at home. Only 1 of those goals came from a set-piece.

Everton have conceded 17 in the league, 7 of them coming away from home.

Fancy the scoreline to be somewhere in the region of

Manchester United 2 Everton 0 6/1 (ladbrokes)
    Manchester United 1 Everton 0 6/1 (ladbrokes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Think this will be a close one, maby 1-1 or 2-1 to utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I can see United running away with it 3-0, maybe 2-0 or 2-1 to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

manutd wrote: »
    I can see United running away with it 3-0, maybe 2-0 or 2-1 to United.

Yeah 2-1 is a real run away result:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I don't know what type of tactics Moyes is going to employ today. I'm guessing with the injury restrictions that it will be 5 in midfield to try and nulify united in there...

Unfortunately I can only see a home win here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Michael Owen starts for United,

nicklauski wrote: »
    Michael Owen starts for United,
    If that's true then I'm happy!

Van der Sar
    Rafael Vidic Brown Evra
    Valencia Fletcher Carrick Giggs
    Rooney Owen

Subs:Kuszczak, De Laet, Anderson, Scholes, Welbeck, Obertan, Gibson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Brown, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Fletcher, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Owen. Subs: Kuszczak, Anderson, Scholes, Welbeck, Obertan, Gibson, De Laet.
    Everton: Howard, Neill, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Gosling, Rodwell, Heitinga, Cahill, Fellaini, Saha. Subs: Nash, Hibbert, Jo, Yakubu, Coleman, Duffy, Baxter

I'm not at all confident

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Really looking forward to this game. Looks like Match of the Day is going to be great tonight, hopefully United and Everton can live up to some of the other performances today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Nice team, good to see Rafael back, hoping to see Obertan get a run out aswell at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nani isnt even on the bench, gibson gets a spot and nani doesnt. mind boggling stuff

bit pissed off the carrick is playing instead of ando

ffs ando has been way better than carrick

No Berbatov on the bench either... strange.

Headshot wrote: »
    Nani isnt even on the bench, gibson gets a spot and nani doesnt. mind boggling stuff

bit pissed off the carrick is playing instead of ando

ffs ando has been way better than carrick

Carrick won't get any better if he doesn't play.

No Berbatov on the bench either... strange.

He had a knee injury going into the Malta game during the week. Maybe he had a reaction to the knee injury since the game either due to the game itself or the traveling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Annoyed a little about that team. Anderson should be starting this game. Nani should be given a chance after his top performance for Portugal. Then again, Giggs will be one of the fresher players on the pitch so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If I was Everton, I'd feel like I had a chance with Carrick playing.

• Advertisement

The united bench looks lightweight to say the least.

and who's fault is that

majority of his games are brutal, so you pick an out of form player instead of an inform player
    pretty strange stuff

I hear that berba knee is at him again

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Would like to see Obertan get a start, but i imagine we'll see him at some stage, can't see Giggs being kept on for the 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Van der Sar
    Rafael Vidic Brown Evra
    Valencia Fletcher Carrick Giggs
    Rooney Owen

Subs:Kuszczak, De Laet, Anderson, Scholes, Welbeck, Obertan, Gibson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you could say the same about ando...someone who has shown far better form and is arguably more likely to get a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

United's team looks awfully average IMO.

Nailed on win though.

United's team looks awfully average IMO.

Nailed on win though.

:confused:

saha is destined to score today id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

:confused:
    Bit of an overreaction there. Maybe he was rested after playing saturday and wednesday? Maybe he picked up a slight injury? Maybe the game isn't being taken seriously enough? etc....

He is not in the squad because of comments he made to the Portuguese press whereby he said that he feels like an outsider at united and that ferguson won't play him whenever he has a good game, just puts him back on the bench. He said when Ronaldo left I thought I would be given a greater role in the team etc etc - basically showing his anger and fustration for ferguson.

hence why he doesn't feature in any aspect today.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

In_tuition wrote: »
    He is not in the squad because of comments he made to the Portuguese press whereby he said that he feels like an outsider at united and that ferguson won't play him whenever he has a good game, just puts him back on the bench. He said when Ronaldo left I thought I would be given a greater role in the team etc etc - basically showing his anger and fustration for ferguson.

hence why he doesn't feature in any aspect today.

Ya think he'd have known better given Fergies history with players who criticise him!

Headshot wrote: »
    saha is destined to score today id say

9/2 to score and 13/1 for the 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Nani has never done it for United and doesn't deserve to be in the team. In fact i'd go as far to say he's a liability in that he doesn't track back, gives the ball away far too much, shoots when he shouldn't shoot and general woefulness at crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Degag wrote: »
    Nani has never done it for United and doesn't deserve to be in the team. In fact i'd go as far to say he's a liability in that he doesn't track back, gives the ball away far too much, shoots when he shouldn't shoot and general woefulness at crosses.

This at the very least is bs.

Cmon UTD!!!

Degag wrote: »

i disagree.

He clearly has had some good games for United.

He tracks back as much as most other wingers.

His passing is wayward too much though, and his decisions on shooting can be poor too.

Great crosser of the ball when he gets around to it though, imo.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    9/2 to score and 13/1 for the 1st.

I got in there fast, 4/1 to score anytime

• Advertisement
Advertisement