Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v. Everton - Live at 5.30pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Valencia is starting to get a darn nice goal return. In the last 6 games he's gotten us 3 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

worlds apart, sooner arteta , jags, peanuts and neville back the better...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Valencia likes his deflected goals, doesn't he? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Woeful, gutless and abject displayed from Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Woeful, gutless and abject displayed from Everton.
    See Original post for long list of key players missing please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ando must be carrying an injury or somthing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Cahill looks like he's tweaked the groin injury.. hopefully this isn't another first-teamer on the sidelines for weeks!!!! :mad:

Cahill looks like he's tweaked the groin injury.. hopefully this isn't another first-teamer on the sidelines for weeks!!!! :mad:
    Hibbery, why oh why????:( How Moyes can justify bringing him on I don't know, he shouldn't be at a League One club ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

We might as well hand over Rodwell to United after the game the way the commentary team are going on!!! FFS! :rolleyes:

We might as well hand over Rodwell to United after the game the way the commentary team are going on!!! FFS! :rolleyes:
    Having to play Fellazy and Cahill as makeshi(f)t wingers hasn't helped either. Yikes and there goes Yakubu :(

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for owen because he needs starts and he just wont get that at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

May as wll all right, it's only a mater fo time.

Important win for United , keeps Chelsea within sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Would describe that as a professional performance.

Rooney was pretty awful, worst ive seen from him in a long time. Other than the assist i thought giggs was poor too.

Evra MOM for me. As usual he offered a constant threat, linked with his winger well and was still bombing on right to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Voltwad wrote: »
    Having to play Fellazy and Cahill as makeshi(f)t wingers hasn't helped either. Yikes and there goes Yakubu :(

finito

so whats the injury count lads...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Rooney was pretty awful, worst ive seen from him in a long time. Other than the assist i thought giggs was poor too.

Evra MOM for me.

You called the MOTM right :)

I'd agree with you about Rooney as well, but I thought Giggs was brilliant to watch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Carrick MOM for me won a lot of 50-50s in the 1st half as and poped up with a tidy little finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Well chuffed to see 3 midfielders score! Obertan was alright when he came on, serious counter attack potential with him.
    Good all round performance, more of the same please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

An File wrote: »
    Valencia likes his deflected goals, doesn't he? :D

The Lampard of wingers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Smegball wrote: »
    The Lampard of wingers :pac:

my stream went down.

did he do his 'i don't give a sh*t' celebration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Thought United put in a good performance today, albeit against a poor (injury hit) Everton!

Rooney was pretty quiet all game, although near scored a cracker when he hit the bar! Evra was very dangerous all through, very impressive going forward, bit suspect in defence! Done well after playing 120 mins mid week!

Fletcher was brilliant in the middle of the park and done well in defence. His goal was just perfection. Was a close second to Evra for Man of the Match.

Raf was good in attack, very week in defence, unlucky to get the yellow!

Owen was very poor, hopefully will get another chance mid week though. Wellbeck should of came on for him, should of got a run out instead of Gibson!

Obertan should of got another 10 mins, didn't get an inch from the Everton defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Evra was by far the Man of the Match today even though Valencia was also immense today.

Some of the link up play between him and Rafael in the first half was brilliant and with a bit more confidence we're starting to see more of him. He's running at defenders and getting the ball into the danger zones now.

Rooney tried to complicate everything and pull off too much. That can be the price you pay for one moment of magic but needs to calm down on the complicated passes at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yeah valencias performances are really pleasing me. He's cementing his place on that right side now. Really love his direct style.

Just one thing to say before I go out.

Where are all the goals going to come from????

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just one thing to say before I go out.

Where are all the goals going to come from????

ando

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Valencia has had a much better start to his Man Utd career than Ronaldo did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Johner wrote: »
    Valencia has had a much better start to his Man Utd career than Ronaldo did!

Aye but he is older and has several seasons of premier league experience behind him so different circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Much needed 3 points.Screamer from Fletch was a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

redout wrote: »
    Aye but he is older and has several seasons of premier league experience behind him so different circumstances.

True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Obertan plays better without confidence as he plays more direct. He tries to get rid of the ball quicker.

I sighed when I saw all of his step overs and stuff. You have pace man, run at the defence for God sake and cut out the fancy crap!

What a goal by Fletch though, turning into an all rounder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mars bar wrote: »
    I sighed when I saw all of his step overs and stuff. You have pace man, run at the defence for God sake and cut out the fancy crap!

At 3-0 up? Chill the beans. Let the kid express himself at 3-0 up, i would be worried if we were chasing the game but...

Advertisement