Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chestnut Acrylic Spray Lacquer

Options
  • 21-11-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know of a supplier in Ireland of Chestnut Acrylic Spray Lacquer?

I've found a company in the UK that has it but won't deliver to Ireland.

Also found one Irish website that has it but they only have mobile numbers, no company address or registered number, and their e-mail address is @live.ie, so i think I'll give them a miss ;)

If I could get it in a bricks and mortar shop I'd prefer that to be honest.

Thanks in advance,

Puppy Cat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Axminster in the Uk definitely do Chestnut stuff, and they definitely ship to Ireland. Now, there may be some restrictions regarding shipping inflammable / hazardous stuff to Ireland, I don't know, but I'm sure they'd let you know if you gave them a ring. I think I ordered some finishes from them before myself, but I'm not 100% sure on that .. I certainly bought some from the Chestnut stand at the Axminster Show back when it was still going, which was manned by the owner, a very friendly and knowledgeable chap if I recall.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/shop-Chestnut.htm

Chestnut's own website has a link to a supplier in Donegal http://chestnutproducts.co.uk/otherstockists.php but their website doesn't exactly inspire confidence either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭puppy cat

Thanks Alun,

Yeah Axminster was the UK crowd I found but they can't ship it to Ireland, must be to do with the restrictions. Waiting to hear back from them about Irish suppliers.

Have found a couple of websites here but as you said they don't inspire confidence!:rolleyes:

I'll keep trying anyway.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you tried Richard Gough in Little Mary St. in Dublin? They do a fair bit of woodturning stuff, and I think I may have seen some Chestnut stuff there, but I'm not sure.

Also, and I'm not sure whether he's still in business, there's a guy called Martin Gleeson out in Kildare who runs a business from home selling all kinds of woodturning supplies ..

Gleeson's Woodturning Supplies
    Address: The Mount, Portglorian, Kilcock, Kildare
    Phone: (01) 6284940

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭puppy cat

Alun wrote: »
    Have you tried Richard Gough in Little Mary St. in Dublin? They do a fair bit of woodturning stuff, and I think I may have seen some Chestnut stuff there, but I'm not sure.

Also, and I'm not sure whether he's still in business, there's a guy called Martin Gleeson out in Kildare who runs a business from home selling all kinds of woodturning supplies ..

Gleeson's Woodturning Supplies
    Address: The Mount, Portglorian, Kilcock, Kildare
    Phone: (01) 6284940

Thanks Alun, I'll give them both a try. Was up in the big smoke yesterday and all, could've tried Little Mary St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Murdec

Did you try sikkens products? I can put you onto hte rep for them if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

I may be late but try a company called F.T morrell in Dublin for lacquer.It may not be Chestnut, which I don't think is available here,but they do good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Stanirish

Have in stock at shop - W.H. Raitt & Son - phone me on 074 9131028 if you want me to post it to, or after hours, text me 086 8251000. Many thanks, Stanley - PS if you want to brave the weather and come to donegal on Saturday the 12th December - Robert Sorby here for a demo day, from 10am to 4pm, with guest Turner -Sam Abernethy - might interest you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was just ggoing to say stanley (see above) but he beat me to it :D

Advertisement