Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which .223 mod then? (last itme I'll ask, promise lol)

Options
  • 21-11-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Here we go again :D

Got a price, including threading of €450 for an ASE CQB.

I've heard them and they're pretty quiet. Also heard a couple of T8's on a .223 and .243, very good sound moderation but I'm not liking the rust and pinhole issues (not to open a hornets nest).

What sort of prices are ye seeing around the place for various mods and threading? More importantly, who'll do the job right!

ATB,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

John im waiting on a Ase Utra jet-Z™COMPACT at the moment, i think its costing me around the 330 euro mark hope to have it during the week.

http://www.spearpointtechnology.com.au/products/products/suppressors.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Where did you buy that RH? €70 cheaper than the price I was offered. Was your rifle threaded already or is that in the price too? (hardly, I'm guessing).

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

johngalway wrote: »
    Where did you buy that RH? €70 cheaper than the price I was offered. Was your rifle threaded already or is that in the price too? (hardly, I'm guessing).

Jonn, Connollys Red Mills in Co. kilkenny are getting it in for me. My Tikka T3 Lite is factory threaded already so saved a few euro that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

T8 €300, threading €30 (local machine shop)

Not getting a T8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

AGAIN to tell ya......................:p

I have the ASE Northstar, stainless steel. Used it today out in the fields and must say that it was quite and very useable.:D

clivej wrote: »
    AGAIN to tell ya......................:p

I have the ASE Northstar, stainless steel. Used it today out in the fields and must say that it was quite and very useable.:D

Again? Did you tell me that before? :P

How much you pay for it again Clive? The A-tec or SYSS new mod is looking good simply for the price aspect. But I do like ASE.

Solution, sell some organs, buy another rifle and get two mods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a look at a few when I was up in Scandinavia recently, There is a model called SAI which are made in Denmark. I was very impressed by them, the one I was looking at was suitable for up to 6.5mm and was a nice neat unit.
    A little heavy but all except the ATEC seem to be that way.
    I think Mods are going to come down in price big time in the next 6-8 mths they are mostly overpriced for what they are IMO. and any halfway competent machinist could make you one if they were keen.
    I need to get my rifle threaded as well, the scandi's seem to be using a new type of threading this one
    I will probably get M14x 1 as a thread but it will depend on the mod I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

johngalway wrote: »
    Again? Did you tell me that before? :P

How much you pay for it again Clive? The A-tec or SYSS new mod is looking good simply for the price aspect. But I do like ASE.

Solution, sell some organs, buy another rifle and get two mods :D

€290 from below - but he will have to order it in for you from Jacksons.

O'Halloran's
    Corner house, Drangan, Co. Tipperary.
    Paul
    052 52112 number has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Wildcat predator 8 or 4, quite, strip able and you can add ot remove baffles or go up or down calibers as needed, bought it for €150 second hand but mint.

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/full-specification.html

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1077.jpg

friend of mine has a Hornet with a husher on it, my .223 CZ is quiter than that.

FS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GeorgGearlos

Hi guys

I am new here, and i find this tread really interesting.

As an industrial professional sound moderatormanufacturer in Denmark, with sale in most of Scandinavia. I think i will share some videos from some of my suppressorworks.

SAKO TRG42 338LM Suppressed

Suppressortest Canadian Colt LSW

Hagelberg H10+ suppressor, testet on a Tikka Tactical .30

Suppressortest - SB9pe torturetest

boys having fun with a .50 caliber rifle

Suppressed MG-42 (Danish MG62) Part 1

Suppressed MG-42 (Danish MG62) Part 4

308 suppressortest 004

300WinMag suppressortest 008

FYI all ammunition used were standard hunting grade/ mil ammo. No subsonic was used.

I am the founder and owner of Hagelberg Arms Design & 3D Construction, and part of the company: Danish Guntech

Advertisement