Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Banks lending?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

nemo32 wrote: »
    AIB approved me on Monday and they were the only bank open to approving me, they have the best LTV and rates at the mo so I would suggest not going to any other bank right now but ask AIB why they didnt approve you this time and work on the solution

@nemo32, after you sent in the application to aib, how long did it take for aib 2 get back to you, I have just sent in my application on Friday, just wondering will i here back this week or will it take longer...

We got a agreement in principle from AIB within 3 working days. Once all your paperwork is correct they are pretty swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

We have approvla in principle with AIB also but what's it like actually getting the money out of them hearing mixed things about all the banks when it comes to buying a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

We have approvla in principle with AIB also but what's it like actually getting the money out of them hearing mixed things about all the banks when it comes to buying a house.

We had no problem getting the money but it's different for everyone. I think the fact that we only looked for 130,000 helped. We're both working FT, had over 20% for the deposit so that certainly helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

When I applied for mortgage I had a chat with lady in bank. She said that they are looking more for little mortgages even if they are only 8% deposit. Very rarely they are giving high mortgages, but smallers sums around 100k are really possible to get!

Dunno of I going to go for buying this year after 2 failures last year. Might get landlord to drop price on rent and stay in current place for one more year. It does not look like prices will go up in next 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

When I applied for mortgage I had a chat with lady in bank. She said that they are looking more for little mortgages even if they are only 8% deposit. Very rarely they are giving high mortgages, but smallers sums around 100k are really possible to get!

Dunno of I going to go for buying this year after 2 failures last year. Might get landlord to drop price on rent and stay in current place for one more year. It does not look like prices will go up in next 2 years!

Which bank is this? If you don't mind me asking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement