Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junk mail in Port and late night sellers

Options
  • 21-11-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I moved here 3 years ago from Dublin. Back hme i never got ther amount of junk mail in my door as I do here. At least 3 times a week I get the sticker for the many many ( same bloody lot ) clothing collections. I have more fast food menus, i could paper my hose with them. Add to that all the supermaket rubbish, plumbers ect.

I have a small child. I have had to disconnect the door bell. There muct be 4 or 5 Avon Ladies. How many kids selling tickets for football clubs.Oh and I have one guy trying to sell me a voucher book about once a month.
    Where does it end??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

you could always go back to dublin :rolleyes:;)

We use the paper to light the fire but don't have an avon sellers etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 manic_dave

you could always go back to dublin :rolleyes:;)

We use the paper to light the fire but don't have an avon sellers etc ?

maybe we should all go back to Dublin, see how long this town lasts without the jackeen money being pumped into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

I hear you on that one! I feel the exact same. You forgot to mention the Kleneeze catalogues too!!! I'm sick to death of recycling other peoples rubbish!!! Id say we actually fill 1/5 of the green bin with packaging from food etc and the rest is all the junk mail!

we have a dog who is a house dog and nearly every morning at 6am we are woken up by her barking cos someone has posted something in the letter box it is so FRUSTRATING especially on a saturday morning!!!!

I have thought about getting a no junk mail sticker but do they work??? Does anyone have one on their door and do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

What does my box in is they don't even bother to walk around they just walk over my garden and leave a nice path in the grass.:mad:

What does my box in is they don't even bother to walk around they just walk over my garden and leave a nice path in the grass.:mad:

I got around that by building walls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Ruby-J wrote: »
    we have a dog who is a house dog and nearly every morning at 6am we are woken up by her barking cos someone has posted something in the letter box it is so FRUSTRATING especially on a saturday morning!!!!

I have thought about getting a no junk mail sticker but do they work??? Does anyone have one on their door and do they work?
    It same in Portlaoise, what this craic with early morning drops?

Doubt they would bother not to drop it, even if u put that sticker up!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Its nearly every day now and is beyond a joke. These rogue "charity clothes" collectors and more junk for supermarkets, fast food and the like. I've lived in a few places and have never seen it as bad as it is in portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 pnd82

Charity clothes collectors is gone mad, must get 1 to 2 stickers in my door daily. We should save thm all up and then pay kids to stick them on their van
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I am getting hand written leaflets from guys selling imported cigrattes with a mobile number attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

manic_dave wrote: »
    maybe we should all go back to Dublin, see how long this town lasts without the jackeen money being pumped into it?

LOL, id say the locals probobly wouldnt complain too much

• Advertisement

stevoman wrote: »
    LOL, id say the locals probobly wouldnt complain too much

I'm not a local or a Dub.........But i tend to agree with the above statement:D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Woken by oxygen bin lorry about ten minutes ago 5.40am
    seriously WTF
    how many people have missed bin day because they want a quick day
    well they woke me and I put the bin out

I'm not a local or a Dub.........But i tend to agree with the above statement:D

so your just a twat for the love of being one ?

manic_dave wrote: »
    so your just a twat for the love of being one ?

Great post Dave, it only took you 11 days to come up with that:rolleyes:

Have a happy Christmas.

Woken by oxygen bin lorry about ten minutes ago 5.40am
    seriously WTF
    how many people have missed bin day because they want a quick day
    well they woke me and I put the bin out

They have stated recently to have your bin out by 6am to be collected. Is there not a law about putting rubbish out the night before ( bags if you have tags ) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

They would probably putit in ur letterbox!!

Great post Dave, it only took you 11 days to come up with that:rolleyes:

Have a happy Christmas.

na unlike you, i have a life and dont spend it on boards.

do they call you Elvis because your fat, have rubber legs or just an unhealthy b*****d who eats on the jax.

Or do your olds enjoy a joke?

No its because your ma likes some jailhouse cock.

No its because your ma likes some jailhouse cock.

would have sounded better if you had waited 11 days.

Wow Dave your quick today, if only you were funny as well. Ah well it was too much to ask.

Go on, i'll give you another go. Talk you you in a week and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

ha ha lads thats funny merry christmas and all that:D

Tick tock Dave;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Ah Elvis thats not a week and a half;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ozalseker

i hate them junk mail people.I even put a not on my door "No Junk Mail Please" what did they do?they took off the note at last night.Letter box hole on the door was half way open and all the cold wind came in through the hall,
    if i catch them next time i am going to charge them for wasting my home heat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

6.45am last tuesday morning and they slam my letter box waking the whole house with their "appeal for clothing for the little orphans".

We need one of those electric shock things like your man had on his shop door in Ennis when people were peeing in his doorway. You could disable it when you get up so the very nice postie would not get 1000 volts of lightening into his fingertips.

I reckon theres a market for something like that for these chancers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

Im glad i not only one who found this problem i have at least 4 to 5 leaflets of somesort everyday when i get home i never had this problem anywhere else.

So posting a note saying no junk wont work???

Advertisement