Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help needed on directions

Options
  • 21-11-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys, i start a new job on monday at the M1 business Park and will be travelling from Dublin on a daily basis.

I know more or less from Google maps where it is. How long would it take me to walk from the following to the M1 business park:

Drogheda Train Station

Drogheda Bus Station (Bus Eirann)

Drogheda George Street (Matthews buses) - there are a few stops on this, which is the best one?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

The train station would not really be an option because the walk would just be too far. I dont get the Matthews Bus but I know it stops at Dominics Take Away on Georges Street, if you got off there it would still be a 25 (possibly 30 minute walk) up Mell and out towards the M1 business Park. If you got off at the Bus Depot (Bus Eireann) you could add another 10 minutes on to that walk. Somebody else may know better but you could get off at the Bus Depot and then get a local bus out towards the M1 business park, I'm not sure if a bus to Collon (which is out beyond the M1 park) stops nearer, somebody else might be able to help with that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If I may suggest...

For your first day your best bet is to get the Bus Eireann bus and get off at the main Drogheda Depot - see picture below.
    After that if you look across from the depot you will see "Xtravision" video shop (Right on large corner - can't miss the HUGE thing).
    Go over to that. Cross the small bridge there and keep walking for about 30 seconds.
    You will end up staring at the back of the Drogheda Town Center. Look left, close to its main doors, there is a taxi rank. Get a taxi from there for your first day.
    (From bus depot to taxi rank is less than 50 yards or a minutes walk)

The taxi spin should cost you no more than a tenner but it will be worth it.
    Observe the route he/she takes and try and spot any further bus stop routes as well.
    As the taxi driver about the names of the streets if necessary too. At/near the job place look around for possible bus stops too.

Once you get into work (and on better time), I'm sure someone there will be willing to help you out from there about getting back into town later, to the depot and help you further with directions, routes, even lifts themselves. Don't forget, you will be off for lunch at some stage so you can ask ("Can you tell me what's the best way to get back to the bus depot?") and look around too.

All the best and good luck.
    ...And welcome to Drogheda. :)

ekgqz9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just to clarify, "M1 Business Park" is beside the Balbriggan exit on the motorway. With the Brooks builders providers etc.
    "M1 Retail Park" is the one at the top of Mell with Lidl, Woodies, Smyths, Heatons, Mothercare, etc.

NewtoEire, can you clarify where exactly you are starting, the name of the business etc, just so you dont end up in the wrong place!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just to clarify, "M1 Business Park" is beside the Balbriggan exit on the motorway. With the Brooks builders providers etc.
    "M1 Retail Park" is the one at the top of Mell with Lidl, Woodies, Smyths, Heatons, Mothercare, etc.

NewtoEire, can you clarify where exactly you are starting, the name of the business etc, just so you dont end up in the wrong place!

Good point.
    If your sure its the business park, ask the bus driver before you pay, if he stops near it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 newtoeire

Guys, this is more than i wanted! Very quick responses! Thankyou!

I am going to be working for Jackie Skelly (lots of negatives i know but a job is a job!) which i believe is on the M1 RETAIL PARK.

PS.... I am living in Dublin but cannot find any work here, hence the reason why i have taken this positon up North.

I would much prefer to work closer to home but i will take any work that is given to me at the moment.

Once again, any help is appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 newtoeire

And PS guys...

I am from Sunny Scotland and have recently moved here because the Euro is paying MUCH more than the £ (as you all know), and have came here in seek of a better life.

I am going to be earning 10.50 EURO per hour as opposed to around £6.50 in the UK for a similar job, which would work out at around 7.10 EURO per hour. I am prepared to travel then walk every single day even if it means waking up 3 hours before my shift starts, followed bt a 2.5 hour journey home - doesnt bother me at all!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

If it were me I would get the Matthews coach Dundalk (via Drogheda) depending on the time of day there are direct ones Dub-DLK but you don't want these. There is a stop Matthews use on the North of Drogheda which Dublin staff in the Lourdes Hospital use. May be worthwhile asking the driver as to the nearest stop that he can drop you at, this one is called the Fiat garage stop by Matthews, still its a bit of a trek.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202228401-Drogheda.pdf but the times aren't great for it.
    Probably +1 for cab for the first day but that Fiat stop is probably about about a 25-30 min walk to the retail park. Carry on North to the first roundabout you meet and then bear left along the feeder road for the motorway.
    http://tinyurl.com/yfwt7ea
    Welcome to Louth and good luck with it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

And to piggyback on the thread- if I wanted to get to Brooks in the M1 business park what would be best - can take bus/train from Dublin?

Advertisement