Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 to spend on games - how to leverage against PS3

• 21-11-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

All

I have €200 to spend on PSP/DS/WII games for the kids. I also want to pick up a a PS3Slim for myself.

Any advice on where I can best spend the €200 to maybe pick up points or discount vouchers that can be used against the PS3?

Thanks

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

The ps3 is gonna set ya back 200 alone.
    Shop around online for the games, amazon, bangcd, ebay etc. you should save a few quid that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

meep wrote: »
    All

I have €200 to spend on PSP/DS/WII games for the kids. I also want to pick up a a PS3Slim for myself.

Any advice on where I can best spend the €200 to maybe pick up points or discount vouchers that can be used against the PS3?

Thanks

P

Probably better off buying the PS3 first as you should get some nice deals on vouchers when you buy a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Is this 200€ just for games? or for the console also because the PS3 costs more than that alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

He has 200 to spend on the games, and then at a later a date wants to buy a PS3. That's how it reads to me. I'm sure he is aware that the PS3 costs more than 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Thanks for responses so far

I am going to spend €200 approx on games and will also be purchasing a PS3 with additional funds (at same time or later).

Just wondering if anyone can offer guidance on best approach to maximise total spend and obtain best value (can purchase console first as suggested if that brings down overall costs).

ie. where should I be looking for the best deal. I'm not a big gamer and don't live in game stores etc. so don't know the relative merits of one store vs. another in terms of current offerings. (hence the post here).

Would prefer buy everything in one place rather than pfaffing about on the internet and incurring multiple shipping fees etc.

P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

You'll save a fortune online though. Another boardsie posted this bargain alert on cheap games on play.com
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055746640

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I'd reccomend you get:

Call of Duty ~ Modern Warfare 2
    Fifa 2010
    Need For Speed Underground
    Rockband (currently 50€ in Smyths for the instrument kit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Thanks for the recommendations Kevin, though I don't think Call Of Duty would be particularly suitable for a 5 & 8 year old. It's more sonic and mario that I'll be buying in terms of games!

Advertisement