Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today's Top Tip

• 21-11-2009 5:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When you go to shoot an event, and you have previously been doing Landscapes, make sure you turn Bracketing OFF.

Guess who didn't? banghead.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

fale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Fajitas! wrote: »
    fale

Fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

whats a irony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Get with the times and use Newspeak. Unwin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Fenster wrote: »
    Get with the times and use Newspeak. Unwin!

How do you mean 'get with the times' ? It has always been Newspeak. Seems to me that you're suggesting that there was a time when it wasn't newspeak. Now tell me ...

... how many fingers am I holding up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

How do you mean 'get with the times' ? It has always been Newspeak. Seems to me that you're suggesting that there was a time when it wasn't newspeak. Now tell me ...

... how many fingers am I holding up ?

1 finger?

KarmaGarda wrote: »

along to room 101 with you so*

*and no, not the one with an acerbic but genial paul merton either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

along to room 101 with you so*

*and no, not the one with an acerbic but genial paul merton either...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

yeah been caught with incorrect settings before
    it's probably a great idea to get into the habit of returning all settings to their default after a shoot :) / or portion of a shoot (e.g. inside low light going to outside bright)

I presume a lot of cameras have a menu selection that will do this (mine has)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I alway try to set my camera in the car before I go into an event. The main problem I have is when I'm in the middle of shooting and I up the ISO, then get asked to do a group shot that I forget that I'm on ISO 800 :o However I am learning from my mistakes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

My Camera was set for a 9 frame 1 stop bracket. It exposes the first shot normally, then the next four are 1,2,3 & 4 stops under exposed & then the following 4 are 1,2,3 & 4 stops over exposed.

It's not been as bad as it could have been as I have been able to correct most of them in my RAW processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

CabanSail wrote: »
    My Camera was set for a 9 frame 1 stop bracket. It exposes the first shot normally, then the next four are 1,2,3 & 4 stops under exposed & then the following 4 are 1,2,3 & 4 stops over exposed.

It's not been as bad as it could have been as I have been able to correct most of them in my RAW processing.

Did you not notice that the camera was firing more often or slowing down for the slow exposures? Were you just taking lots of shots and the camera was working away. I guess if you have a fast camera it mightn't be as obvious

edit: get it now, exposure moving up and down

I alway try to set my camera in the car before I go into an event. The main problem I have is when I'm in the middle of shooting and I up the ISO, then get asked to do a group shot that I forget that I'm on ISO 800 :o However I am learning from my mistakes ;)

One nice feature some pentax cameras have is an ISO warning. If ISO is set above a certain level the ISO warning shows in the viewfinder. You can set this level to whatever you want.

Oh right, so the cam took one bracketed frame every time you pressed the shutter release ? I can see how that could be annoying all right :D When I bracket I normally have it set to do a normal then a +1 and then a -1 all on one press of the button. Hard to miss, so I couldn't really undestand what you were complaining about. "silly old CabanSail" I may have said to myself while shaking my head ruefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Ouch!
    Ah, I feel your pain. About 3 days of my holiday in sunny Spain were taken at ISO800...on a 350D. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

It's a good job you weren't shooting film :eek: , although 4 stops is pushing the limits of LR - ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

About 3 days of my holiday in sunny Spain were taken at ISO800...on a 350D. frown.gif
    Sorry :o, but that gave me a good :D, I'm imagining your photos at 1/4000sec and still under-exposed !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sorry :o, but that gave me a good :D, I'm imagining your photos at 1/4000sec and still under-exposed !!!!!!

overexposed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

overexposed?
    Just trying to confuse ye :rolleyes:

Advertisement