Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LF 2xphones ( Xmas present for Me and Misses ) Budget 600eu

• 21-11-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, i would love to get some advice from you guys. I was allways up to date with new technologies, but for last 2 yearsi just had no chance to get in to it. And i am cluelles at the moment: which phones are good,bad,whats new in them.

So long story short. Me and misses were working really hard all year, so we decided to make ourselfs a nice gifts. New mobile phones ;). Our budget is not greatest, 600eu between 2 phones. Can squize a bit more if needed, but nothing too much EMO ;).

so here we go.

For ME, currently on O2 pre-pay:
    -has to be qwerty or touchscreen. ( cant come back to 1-9 after Ubique with WM6)
    -Has to be good for internet browsing.
    -Size doesnt matter, can be a birck if needed :D
    -Application friendly.

For Misses,currently on Meteor:
    -HAS TO BE STYLISH ( i know i know...)
    -Preferably with good camera
    -Preferably no geeky stuff
    -touchscreen.

I have no trouble by ordering it from internet, i would actually even prefere it. And if you got a good spot where to look for mobiles phones for reasonalbe price then plz give a shout aswell.

Looking forward to your suggestion guys!

Really thx for all help guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For you:

E63
    E71/ E72 from jan
    N97/ N97 mini or the iPhone

For her:

Either the 5800, 5530, or the tocco lite would fit what she wants. The pricing on all 3 is fairly good too so you have a few more euro for yourself ;)

linkage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Davy wrote: »
    For you:

E63
    E71/ E72 from jan
    N97/ N97 mini or the iPhone

For her:

Either the 5800, 5530, or the tocco lite would fit what she wants. The pricing on all 3 is fairly good too so you have a few more euro for yourself ;)

linkage

Hey thx for responce bud! I just checked all of them. 5800 does look interesting, i had symbian 3650 back in the days, and was really happy with it, so prety much i know what i am up to!

iphone and n97 is out of mine league :( It would cost 600eu just on mine phone...

Tocco looks just too cheap... i whant her to have something more interesting... what about this bad boy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B7300-Omnia-Mobile-Phone/dp/B002USCPQW/ref=sr_1_171?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258758002&sr=1-171

iphone and n97 is out of mine league :( It would cost 600eu just on mine phone...

You could get one from adverts.ie or ebay etc. Plenty for €350 mark.
    Tocco looks just too cheap... i whant her to have something more interesting... what about this bad boy?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-B7300-Omnia-Mobile-Phone/dp/B002USCPQW/ref=sr_1_171?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258758002&sr=1-171

Their is the Tocco ultra which is a bit higher spec, it has a 8mp camera. Meteor have the HTC hero which is very popular at the moment. And the Samsung I8000 Omnia II would have a higher spec camera than the B7300 that you linked too. Also dont think amazon will ship mobiles to ROI. You will find some more online shop ideas in the FAQ.

thx again bud. I wanted to ask about adverts.ie...

I am checking it now, and i just dont understand it...

iphone - 350eu
    Nokia n97 - 299eu/170eu!!!
    Samsung s8300 Tocco ultra eition - 300eu

comparing it to retail prices, its allmoust for free!!! I am kind of alert... Wount that be fakes or damaged phones? when you try to buy cheap you allways pay twice...

€170 doesn't seem right, but the N97 has dropped in price since launch, and with the N97 mini it dropped too. Then the ones on adverts wont be brand new unsealed, you your paying a bit less for that also.

• Advertisement

Okay, for me i got a small list:

Iphone
    HTC hero

Iphone looks really good, becouse its polished as hell
    HTC hero, is open source, android OS, so it will be less refined, but unlimited.

/still looking something for misses :(.

Its actually harder then it sounded in begging :D

The fact it has to be stylish, one of the reason i suggested the tocco lite. Its quite small and slim, and can be got in white pink or the black if that makes any difference.

Another phone meteor have is the new genio, one of the marketing points of it, is the range of colours for it, but the camera would be a downside.: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/touch-screen/GT-S3650TIAXEO/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Was checking out some videos on youtube, and i am a bit embaressed, but i will say it... I whant iphone now... the libary of games, quality, aplications... Its just... polished to perfection...

I am with O2 pre pay, and i would love to have internet on it aswell, any suggestions? I think going to O2 and trying to get iphone there will leave me withouth pants...

So now i need to find something for misses, ill show her that phone aswell bud, cheers again!

Okay, we were in cork today, so got her to touch all phones in mainstreet shops :p.

And in last shop we found what she whants! Found for a nice price aswell i may add! so here it is:

SAMSUNG SGH-F480 Tocco - white

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2888586/art/samsung/sgh-f480-tocco-white.html

I am still strugling between iphone and HTC hero...

Advertisement