Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leitrim village, Co. Leitrim

Options
  • 21-11-2009 5:40pm

Hey guys. i'm really clueless to what is going on at the moment. I live in Leitrim village but am away at college in the UK. The electricity is gone in Leitrim village. i see on the met eireann map that at the moemnt all the rain fall has passed over Leitrim village.

I was just wondering where I would find out if any more rainfall is to be expected in the area as the water level is only three inches below the top of the sand bags. i think that the water is currently well over two feet deep. I am really worried so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/Severe-flooding-hits-Leitrim-roads.5844984.jp
    Leitrim Village is now closed to through-traffic
    members of the public can contact Leitrim County Council offices during office hours (9am to 5pm) on 071 9620005 or CAMP West if outside of office hours on 999/112

Local Area Staff are working with property owners to ensure that any vulnerable properties are protected. Members of the public are also requested to check on their neighbours, especially the vulnerable, to ensure they are not affected by the flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm not far from Leitrim village, I can take a look tomorrow and see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hi, well its fairly battering down here in Dromahair. also according to AAroadwatch Leitrim village impassable. Some breaks between showers but fairly windy here too. Hope all at home are okay.
    Esk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭chasm

Hey guys. i'm really clueless to what is going on at the moment. I live in Leitrim village but am away at college in the UK. The electricity is gone in Leitrim village. i see on the met eireann map that at the moemnt all the rain fall has passed over Leitrim village.

I was just wondering where I would find out if any more rainfall is to be expected in the area as the water level is only three inches below the top of the sand bags. i think that the water is currently well over two feet deep. I am really worried so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rte give a 3 day forecast which doesnt look too good im afraid;
    http://www.rte.ie/weather/
    A friend sent me 2 photos last night of Leitrim village, The Keadue road is well flooded, just passed the school and the village itself (from the photo i was sent) looks quite bad too. She lives in one of the estates and i know her garden is under water.

Aye, I came across the (prob the same)pictures on facebook. The village is fairly taking a hammering. We haven't got any water in yet. although back garden is flooded. We managed to get a hold of a pump which is doing wonders for pumping the water back out from behind the sandbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

"Leitrim Village is now closed to through-traffic members of the public can contact Leitrim County Council offices during office hours (9am to 5pm) on 071 9620005 or CAMP West if outside of office hours on 999/112 Local Area Staff are working with property owners to ensure that any vulnerable properties are protected. Members of the public are also requested to check on their neighbours, especially the vulnerable, to ensure they are not affected by the flooding."

This is pathetic! Galway County Council are updating their website every few hours with flood details while Leitrim County Council went home on Friday as usual.
    members of the public can contact Leitrim County Council offices during office hours Makes the case for merging Leitrim County Council with a neighbouring authority better than the McCarthy Report. :mad:

Advertisement