Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cacao Powder

Options
  • 21-11-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows where in Galway / Clare or online (with cheapish delivery) I can buy cacao powder?? Wanna do a bit of baking with it after tasting an amazing raw mint ganache tart!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hmm, it's a difficult one. You can get cocoa powder in a supermarket, but I suspect this isn't what you're looking for! Another suggestion, and i think it's a little expensive, but it might be helpful, is to get some of this guy's cacao and grate it as required. (you may remember him from such programmes as Channel 4's Willies Wonky Chocolate Factory). I've seen that cacao on sale around Dublin area in the "posh food shopses," so it might be gettable in somewhere like the nice food shop in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks, do love Mc Cambridges :):) Only shop I know that do dark chocolate peanuts :):):)

I just googled the difference - should have done this originally!!!

According to FDA guidelines, cocoa powder and cacao powder are simply different terms for the same powder, and are nearly interchangeable; however, "cacao powder" specifically refers to raw, unsweetened powder. "Cocoa powder," on the other hand, may still have a very small amount of cocoa butter present to enhance the flavor subtly."

Cacao is just purer!!!!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Pretty sure green and blacks do the unsweetened Cocoa powder. you can get it in most supermarkets or some health food shops. you can buy that cacao direct from Willies site, the shipping is very reasonable too.

CC

Advertisement