Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Paper and de floods

Options
  • 21-11-2009 6:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Over the last few days the best flood coverage was on www.rte.ie/news and the worst had to be that provided by Cork's own breakingnews.ie

For a supposedly local paper the Examiner has been as useful as the Kingsley's underground carpark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Actually the best coverage I found of the floods was here on boards.ie. On Thursday night/ Friday morning the were posts saying what was happening all over the city.

Pictures in the Flood thread were first class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

parsi wrote: »
    Over the last few days the best flood coverage was on www.rte.ie/news and the worst had to be that provided by Cork's own breakingnews.ie

For a supposedly local paper the Examiner has been as useful as the Kingsley's underground carpark.

The Examiner is a national newspaper.

When will the Corkonians bloody let go!?

enda1 wrote: »
    The Examiner is a national newspaper.

When will the Corkonians bloody let go!?

Meh the Echo is better anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

@jimbob85 - yep Boards was magnificent but I was really referring (without stating it) to formal media outlets.

@enda1 - it may be a national but the majority of its useless journos are based in Cork so one would expect them to have the edge when it came to reporting issues much like the Irish Times would be well on top of what was happening in D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

parsi wrote: »
    @enda1 - it may be a national but the majority of its useless journos are based in Cork so one would expect them to have the edge when it came to reporting issues much like the Irish Times would be well on top of what was happening in D4.

So true. You'd swear they made a point of reducing their Cork coverage to make themselves appear more national. I'd imagine their readership outside Cork and Munster is tiny - does anyone know?

• Advertisement

But the examiner you get in Cork and the one you get in Dublin are two different papers. They both have the same national stories but the local stories are different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

JimBob85 wrote: »
    But the examiner you get in Cork and the one you get in Dublin are two different papers. They both have the same national stories but the local stories are different.

Rly? I didn't know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brosnan!

i work in a news agents in kerry and the examiner is always the first newspaper to sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

The examiner can be very tabloidy at times i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Brosnan! wrote: »
    i work in a news agents in kerry and the examiner is always the first newspaper to sell out.
    tommmy1979 wrote: »
    The examiner can be very tabloidy at times i think.

This is asking for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement