Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help to get out of style rut!

• 21-11-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,
    As the title suggests I am stuck in a style rut and would appreciate some advice.
    I haven't bought work clothes in ages as not feeling overly confident about my body (have gained about 1/2 stone recently and while am still size 12, am only 5ft 2" so it looks more like I have gained a stone. The extra weight is around my waist so I feel that I look like a telly tubby these days and it's getting me down :()
    I know that in the long term I have to shift the weight but in the meantime, I have to buy clothes, particularly for work and the dreaded upcoming nights out over Christmas.
    Work dress code is business casual so I don't need suits or anything. I bought 2 pair of smart trousers yesterday but have no idea what tops to wear with them - all the tops I saw were either t-shirts or big chunky cardigans -the first too cold, the latter too heavy to wear to and from work with winter coat!
    Ideally I would like to wear something other than trousers to work everyday so was looking for a casual dress or skirt that I could wear with boots but couldn't see anything and everything I tried on made me want to cry.
    I don't think leggings or skinny jeans do anything for me but this is all I can see in the shops.
    Feeling quite down about all of this at the moment but not so bad that I need to post in PI! Am in denial about party wear so we won't even go there!
    Has anyone ever used the personal sylist/shopper service that some stores such as Topshop offer? I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions as to how I get myself from now to the new year as unfortunately I can't wear my tracksuit bottoms everytime I leave the house :rolleyes:

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion/Trousers-&-Leggings/check-trousers/293523

http://www.oasis-stores.com/Welt-Pocket-Trouser/All-Trousers/oasis/fcp-product/3470049114

Thank you!

Comments

Advertisement