Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help- Salthill High Tide

Options
  • 21-11-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Working in Salthill tonight, car parked on prom but keep hearing warning of high tide at 7! Anyone know how serious this is, worried about moving car. Everyone seems veryworried about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

If you're worried about it, just move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

franj wrote: »
    Working in Salthill tonight, car parked on prom but keep hearing warning of high tide at 7! Anyone know how serious this is, worried about moving car. Everyone seems veryworried about it!

High tide is due at 8pm tonight it may cause flooding but tomorrow could be worse. I would not park on the prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

MOVE IT !!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 franj

Not just the car I'm worried about, the building as well. I have the car moved to higher ground now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'm just after driving the prom on the way home and there nothing much that would cause me to worry. It's a little hairier than usual, but it's what you'd expect given the conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

It's all down to wind direction! Salthill Promenade faces south so therein lies the potential problem.

Salthill only floods when there is a Southerly wind + high tide + storm.

Not tonight Josephine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Salthill only floods when there is a Southerly wind + high tide + storm.

Not tonight Josephine.

And tonight the wind is blowing from.....the South!

So yes, there is a danger of flooding given the strong onshore wind, high tide and low atmospheric pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The high tides are quite low at the moment so little risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

if your ever worried about tides heigth and times.. check here EASY TIDE

Advertisement