Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood warning - Updated 02.12.2009 0400 hrs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

simon333 wrote: »
    Looks to be ok so far in Rhebogue. Canal is running very fast, but at least that's a good thing if it's taking some water away :) High tide is at 11pm tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Wheelers looks very close to being flooded!

Also in Plassy Tech Park the roundabout at the end is very badly flooded, there is a blocked drain there that is affecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Wheelers looks very close to being flooded!

Also in Plassy Tech Park the roundabout at the end is very badly flooded, there is a blocked drain there that is affecting it

Where is Wheelers??Is it in or near Rhebogue.
    Just took a drive out to Corbally, 3 big army lorries passed me going out Shannon Banks/Westbury direction with sand bags(I presume).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

gonna head out that way later for a look cause ive to drop an engine off to a mate....

Wheelers is my the ul roundabout at singland

gonna head out that way later for a look cause ive to drop an engine off to a mate....

Wheelers is my the ul roundabout at singland

That place is wet at the best of times though!!So hopefully its not an indicator.

That place is wet at the best of times though!!So hopefully its not an indicator.

very very true..one of the reasons it was never built on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It'll all be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭simon333

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It'll all be ok.

Phew!

very very true..one of the reasons it was never built on!!

Funny that, because that was where they were thinking of moving Thomond Park!

Or maybe it was behind singland motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Where is Wheelers??

It is the greasy spoon at Cosgrave Filling Station, just before the Groody Bridge. The field behind it gets flooded most winters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

It'll all be ok.

you know what i was worried but now im going to have a cuppa tea and get out the fishing rod. maybe people in rebouge will p[ay me to fish out there relatives or dogs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Went out with camera just now,
    First pic is of Annacotty Bridge, seriously fast flowing water there.
    Second pic is by Cosgraves (Wheelers) Singland Motors area,
    that's one big flooded plain (it use to flood many years ago).
    Third pic is out by UL, over the 'new bridge' there, where the new
    college faculties are being built.
    Fourth, King Johns.
    Pic quality isn't the best, dark dreary night out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Annacotty is scary looking....

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Mr E wrote: »
    Annacotty is scary looking....

That bridge could give way!

anyone down by the strand has it breached yet?

That bridge could give way!

Yeah, it creeped me out taking that pic. Mill Bar was business as usual, that's right on the waters edge.

Werent some of the bridges in Cumbria (UK) affected? I know one collapsed killing a cop, and another dropped a foot stating it could give way

Yes, I believe they are carrying out inspections on all bridges over Cumbria now. Hope the relevant authorities do same here, that bridge in annacotty is taking a battering, wonder how old it is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Still nothing in Westbury(at our house anyway)

Yes, I believe they are carrying out inspections on all bridges over Cumbria now. Hope the relevant authorities do same here, that bridge in annacotty is taking a battering, wonder how old it is?

Thats a good question at least they will have the other bridge above it if it does go!

Authorities here probably wont check it until its too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looking at the photo by the castle, that looks dodgy! I'd be surprised if that didnt flood!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

post #1 updated

just a request, if you are adding pics, can you pm me the post number so that it can be added to post 1.

Also, try to not make the images too big as there is a limit to the size of files you can attach to your posts.

Are the evacuations a precaution or has the water started to breech homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are the evacuations a precaution or has the water started to breech homes?

Going by the news at nine it seems to have reached some homes. Plus the picture in the link for the Shannon Bank's evacuation seems to show a pic with the water at a level that would enter the house.

A poster on another board suggested that there is a water line above the arches on Annacotty bridge already!

Is the water level expected to increase or decrease as the night progresses? It's been a good few hours now since they stopped discharging water and high tide has passed so hopefully it should start to drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is the water level expected to increase or decrease as the night progresses? It's been a good few hours now since they stopped discharging water and high tide has passed so hopefully it should start to drop?

The same cycle will continue tomorow and for another few days, as they are only letting water past the dam during daylight hours.

Well hopefully it shouldn't increase anymore over night?Although there is heavy rain forecast tomorrow and they are going to have to release loads more water from the ESB Parteen Weir...God I wish I lived on top of a hill right now.

Well hopefully it shouldn't increase anymore over night?Although there is heavy rain forecast tomorrow and they are going to have to release loads more water from the ESB Parteen Weir...God I wish I lived on top of a hill right now.

I do :D

Looking at a pretty cool weather site I saw posted on another forum there and the rainfall volumes for tomorrow don't look anything exceptional. About 6mm of rain in total over tomorrow. Nice little anticipated rainfall graphic as well.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Limerick/Limerick/

• Advertisement

I do :D

Looking at a pretty cool weather site I saw posted on another forum there and the rainfall volumes for tomorrow don't look anything exceptional. About 6mm of rain in total over tomorrow. Nice little anticipated rainfall graphic as well.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Limerick/Limerick/

rainfall totals 25 to 35 mm , highest in Southwest, West and North.(According to met Eireann for tomorrow)

Advertisement