Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Plus Box - Weird One...

• 21-11-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just a minor but really annoying problem - hoping someone can help/advise

When I use remote to navigate Sky Plus Box, the text on screen goes fuzzy for just a second and returns to normal (i.e sharpens after a second) -

This happens everytime I use the remote - for eg navigating up/down channels, channel listing, planner , sky news interactive etc etc.

Checked TV and it's fine with other inputs, - checked picture settings on sky plus box and seems fine.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Well if it was a PC I would say a graphics card issue.
    Its not , obviously, but it is a GUI issue : So phone sky and ask them to reinstall the last update to your box as it might have not been done properly.
    If you still have a problem after that maybe its time to up grade to HD?

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

akaSol wrote: »
    Well if it was a PC I would say a graphics card issue.
    Its not , obviously, but it is a GUI issue : So phone sky and ask them to reinstall the last update to your box as it might have not been done properly.
    If you still have a problem after that maybe its time to up grade to HD?

>Sol

Sorry, but that is so way off the mark!! Try changing the channels on the Sky box itself and report back. Sounds like the box or your TV is flicking between PAL and RGB. Might be just the wrong TV code on the remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

JDxtra wrote: »
    Sorry, but that is so way off the mark!! Try changing the channels on the Sky box itself and report back. Sounds like the box or your TV is flicking between PAL and RGB. Might be just the wrong TV code on the remote.

Cheers.
    No noticable difference in the channels themsevles but when I for example move up or down a channel the channel no and programme name quickly blurs and sharpens. Tv itself seems fine - i.e doesn't happen outside of sky box Weird one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What is your Sky box TV outoput set to - is it PAL or RGB? You can check this in the Services menu.

RGB is generally better, so if your Sky box is connected to your TV via SCART just make sure it's a socket that supports RGB.

Also check the obvious like loose Scart cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

JDxtra wrote: »

RGB is generally better, so if your Sky box is connected to your TV via SCART just make sure it's a socket that supports RGB.

Changing settings to RGB worked perfect. Thanks a million !

• Advertisement
Advertisement