Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Book - Ww2 Movie

• 21-11-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭

I thought there was a WW2 movie thread on here somewhere but I couldent find it to mention about this film I saw last night, I'm sure a few others on here saw it aswell.
    It was called "Black Book" and it was about the Dutch resistance, or a small unit of it during 1944/45. It is subtitled but still was quite an enjoyable/interesting film. I think it is a fairly new production and well worth a watch if you have 3 hours to pass.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Didn't work for me at all. I usually 'enjoy'/appreciate war films. But this was just not good, didn't seem accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I thought there was a WW2 movie thread on here somewhere but I couldent find it to mention about this film I saw last night, I'm sure a few others on here saw it aswell.
    It was called "Black Book" and it was about the Dutch resistance, or a small unit of it during 1944/45. It is subtitled but still was quite an enjoyable/interesting film. I think it is a fairly new production and well worth a watch if you have 3 hours to pass.

brilliant movie, actually implies some of the SS were human and that some of the heroic Dutch resistance were less than chivalrous. it did not go down well in Holland.

the director has another one out on the collaboration of his fellow countrymen. it was made in the 70s. the name escapes me.

Advertisement