Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour Essence Make Up

• 21-11-2009 8:18pm

Have any of you tried this stuff? It's cheap and aimed at tweenies, in the past I've picked up some clear nail varnish and things like nail files etc.

Last night I was in a pickle, I realised that I had absolutely no foundation and was going out for tLL beers! My mam was getting me my regular benefit stuff up in belfast so I didn't want to go spending a fortune, I figured I would pop to the chemist and buy some max factor or something similar, they only had rimmel or colour essence. The colour essence foundation was €3.99 and it had a good consistency so I thought I'd give it a shot for one night!

I have to say, I'm seriously impressed! It's just as good as most other foundations I've used, it appeared to stay in place all night (maybe boardies would disagree!!!) and my skin doesn't feel bad for it today. I actually think I'm going to use it now for work and keep the expensive stuff for going out.

Is it possible for a cheap foundation to be this good? Are there some nasty ingredients I should be looking out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

When you say 'colour essence' do you mean the essence range in Dunnes and Penneys?

If so, then yes. I love their stuff. It's very affordable and great quality.

If not, nevermind me. :P

MizzLolly wrote: »
    When you say 'colour essence' do you mean the essence range in Dunnes and Penneys?

If so, then yes. I love their stuff. It's very affordable and great quality.

If not, nevermind me. :P

I just checked there, yep! it's called essence, don't know where I got coloured essence from :pac:

Yeh it's around a while and seems to be in most chemists/department stores, I've picked up loads of little bits from them but never thought of using their foundation before. Was well impressed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I use htier waterproof mascara, comes in a blue tube. Same situation with me; panic because I had no mascara for a night out!! I find it fine, and have bought a few nail varnishes and one eyeliner (kohl) which has been fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i got the colour shine xxxl lipgloss in the pinky colour its lik the bourjois 3d effecct lip gloss.nail polish good but i find the small bottles ones better then the bigger bottles they seem to be v runny.

Advertisement