Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lynyrd Skynyrd + Black Stone Cherry

• 21-11-2009 8:18pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lynyrd Skynyrd are set to play The 02 on March 10th 2010. Special guests are Black Stone Cherry. Tickets on sale this Friday 27th November.

Under 16's must be accompanied by parent/guardian.

Lynyrd Skynyrd released new studio album, entitled 'God & Guns' on 25th September 2009. It was preceded by single �Still Unbroken� on September 18th.

Lynyrd Skynyrd boast a catalogue of over 60 albums, record sales beyond 30 million and the band has been inducted into the Rock n� Roll Hall Of Fame.

Tickets priced �49.20 including booking fee standing.

�54.80 including booking fee seated.

Ticketmaster:

In person: From 100 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide

By Telephone (24 Hour):

ROI - 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland - 0844 277 44 55

Buy Online: www.ticketmaster.ie

Makes me very happy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Does it really count as Lynard Skynard when theres really only one original member left and everything they've released 91 has been borderline terrible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Yes, yes it does when you see them live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've just found out they playing Hammersmith in London. Why are they playing somewhere so big here? Disaster waiting to happen I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 katestar_old

hey does anyone know if black stone cherry will be supporting for the gig at the manchester apollo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

katestar wrote: »
    hey does anyone know if black stone cherry will be supporting for the gig at the manchester apollo?

It'd be safe to assume that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daz666

will black stone cherry be supporting at the clyde auditorium in glasgow? nothing on the bsc site and i phoned up the venue and they don't know either...can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kpmac

i ordered my tickets from ticketmaster for this during the o2 preorder sale and i havent received them yet. i ordered tickets on the same day for another concert and havent received them yet either. anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

It's not really Lynard Skynard!
    It's like going to see The Who minus Moon & Entwistle, it's just not the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

Black stone cherry are not touring with them. it was put on their facebook. its a mistake. there busy putting (making ) an album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

So did anyone go?
    What were they like?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Got tickets for Skynryd for Xmas from my daughter, who had assumed that because I had raved over being at the original group's last ever gig in the UK in '77, that I'd be really keen to see them again.

In honesty I went to gig with trepidation. How could they in anyway compare with the original line-up? Well they did - big time!

Whilst it is impossible to objectively compare two gig's 33 years apart, in my view the 'new' Sknyrd rocked, just like the original. Johnnie Van Zandt, unsurprisingly, is remarkably similiar to his late brother Ronnie and the band have an energy and enthusiasm that the original members, if they were still alive, probably wouldn't have had.

Their rendition of 'Freebird' remains one of the greatest concert-ending performances in the annals of rock history - pure brilliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

Was there a decent sized crowd, was the balcony open?
    I thought they might struggle to sell the place out but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Dont know the name of the opening band, apparently they played with the dave mathews band the night before, I thought they were pretty solid.

Seen Skynyrd 3 times now and it was just as good as usual!

There was a great crowd, downstairs was pretty much ful from what i could see, the front sections of the balconys were also open and also pretty much full, the back part was curtained off, was nice to see they got a proper crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

The support act were 'Alberta Cross', who I thought were hampered by some mundane, repetitive material, though the singer was reminscient of a young Tom Petty (pity he hasn't his song writing ability).

Although not a sell-out, would imagine the promoters were happy with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

i was at the gig aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I was at the Lynyrd Purple gig in the Point in 2003, and although I don't think this gig was quite as good, it was still a great show from an incredible live band. While Gary Rossington looked like a man who hasn't fully gotten over his illness from last year or the year before, the rest of the band more than made up for him. The only thing I thought was slightly ill-judged was playing God & Guns (the track). I can understand that you want to make sure people know what your latest CD is called, it's just not the best song to choose for an Irish audience. (This is all IMO, of course. I like the song, but I got a sense that it wasn't going down that well, and they rescued it with a neat segue into Still Unbroken)

I'd agree with the comments about Atlanta Cross, they seem like a decent band, but I'd have played more uptempo stuff in a support slot like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Heres a video i took at the gig, its That Smell

Brilliant gig!!!!

Advertisement