Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City schools update

Options
  • 21-11-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

The City Manager says schools with no water should not open on Monday. This will mean major problems for parents and children for up to a week or more so planning alternative arrangements should start asap.

Does anyone know which schools have no water?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

DOes this include all city schools .ie ones on patrciks Hill as well as I go to Bruce and they never close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nacl

Latest from City website says central island area and Lr Blackpool water supply is stable.

http://corkcity.ie/news/mainbody,22220,en.html
    Cork City Council
    Civic Emergency – update
    The following is the current information resulting from the recent flooding as at 4pm on Saturday, 21st November 2009.

Water Supplies
    Areas supplied by Lee Road Waterworks continue to experience supply disruption. Cork City Council Engineers have been working on the network to maximise delivery and have succeeded in stabilising supply to the Central Island and lower Blackpool, enabling businesses and shops to continue trading in these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

On the 5 o' clock news this evening, 96FM said that St. Aidan's, Scoil Oilibhéir and St. Anthony's would all be closed on Monday.

Thanks Atlantic1.

Anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Does anyone know about Scoil Mhuire or Christians???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

kilsmum wrote: »

Christians is open, Called a minute ago

Oh dear!! My son wont be happy to hear that!!:):):) - Thanks for the info - looked on their website but it doesn't appear to be updated very often!

Hogzy wrote: »
    Christians is open, Called a minute ago

Cork Educate Together NS on Grattan St open tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭munstercork

My daughter says that her school Scoil Mhuire is closed until further notice

My daughter is saying the same but I wonder is it just wishful thinking??!!:D Rang the school, no pre recorded message about closure so not sure what to do in the morning.......

• Advertisement

My daughter is saying the same but I wonder is it just wishful thinking??!!:D Rang the school, no pre recorded message about closure so not sure what to do in the morning.......
    Ms. Moran was in school telling the 6th years in for study that that was the case and let your friend know

If CBC are opening then im sure Scoil Mhuire and the others on the hill will be doing the same.

Unless CBC have some magical supply of water hidden somewhere!

Ms. Moran was in school telling the 6th years in for study that that was the case and let your friend know

I heard the same story myself but wonder the same as Hogzy if Christians are open why not Scoil Mhuire?? A texting service would be a huge advantage for the parents - its in place in our local national school and makes life a lot easier!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Hogzy wrote: »
    If CBC are opening then im sure Scoil Mhuire and the others on the hill will be doing the same.

Unless CBC have some magical supply of water hidden somewhere!

I wouldn't be surprised! I expect they have built a giant tank on the roof togather rain water or something crazy like that! Damn them and their openness -.- anyone want to pretend to be the head of the HSE and tell them to close? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Any news on Douglas Com lads?

Jenny O Sullivan says on RTE radio that 'all northside schools' are closed. Someone needs to tell her about Christians...

Anyone know about St Angela's or St Vincent's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Douglas Com and Regina Mundae are closed tommorow from what I can gather.

nacl wrote: »
    Jenny O Sullivan says on RTE radio that 'all northside schools' are closed. Someone needs to tell her about Christians...

TBH id only be taking advice from Cork radios! Nothing against the others but the cork radio stations seem to be alot more up to date than the others

Information is soo lacking

Information is soo lacking

Agreed!! There should be some way of letting parents know........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Agreed!! There should be some way of letting parents know........

And students! To see if we need to do our homework :P
    But seriously anyone hear about Mount Mercy??

CBC is open tomorrow that is official

Scoil Mhuire Junior & Senior school are closed until further notice due to lack of water - message on answering machine has finally been updated advising parents!! - my daughter is thrilled!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

where is everyone finding out which schools are closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpixie

st vincents primary and north presentation primary are closed.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ballintemple NS (Crab Lane) is closed.

CBC is open tomorrow that is official

Pity they don't update their answering machine - just getting a message saying the mailbox is full - pls dial 0 for the operator which I do, then getting a ringing tone - the system seems to be in a continuous loop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

sigh :( Bruce is open as well Monday but you have to bring your own Bottled water and make sure you have the hand sanatizer....poop lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

ashton school open as usual, pupils/staff asked to bring in their own suppy of drinking water !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seesaw123

has anyone heard anything about schools in wilton and Bishopstown?:confused:

Advertisement