Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City schools update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darkhorse777

How about Christ King Secondary School?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cestmoi123

Christ King is definetely closed, text messages were sent out earlier today from the school stating so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

all of bishopstown has school then? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolwatcore

Anyone know if Coláiste Stiofán Naofa is open or closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Douglas Com is closed so I would assume Columbas would be closed also?

Douglas Comm is probably on a different water supply line. I'd be very surprised if St Columbas Schools are closed tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭munstercork

Leeside wrote: »
    Douglas Comm is probably on a different water supply line. I'd be very surprised if St Columbas Schools are closed tomorrow.

It is closed, friends of my sons go there and they told him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Disaster about Christians apparently having water! A house literally 50 metres from the school has no supply, and apparently Bruce - across the road have no water.

I had guessed that it was on a separate supply because of barracks. Anyone know for definite that teachers are still striking on Tuesday?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Teachers will be out tomorrow! Only frontline public services will working.

As for christians, there are signs at some water fountains saying the water isn't safe to drink which leads me to believe that there isn't two water lines. Also i have heard from sources in the school that christians might be off for the rest of the week. Do not take this as 100% accurate though!

Edit: school official said water is not an issues for the week. If said they will be getting in tankers to fill the water tanks and bottled water for the students. There is going to be an announcement before 12 today regarding the situation so i will update this them. :)

Christians is in for a full week this week, many people dont seem to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

DCS will be open on Wednesday at normal times until further notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

DCS will be open on Wednesday at normal times until further notice.

Where did you hear that?

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that?

My mom rang up the school and they took her number. They soon after left a voicemail telling her.

My mom rang up the school and they took her number. They soon after left a voicemail telling her.

Balls. My kids had their week planned and all. :mad:

I had my week planned too!:(

magicianz wrote: »
    Teachers will be out tomorrow! Only frontline public services will working.

As for christians, there are signs at some water fountains saying the water isn't safe to drink which leads me to believe that there isn't two water lines. Also i have heard from sources in the school that christians might be off for the rest of the week. Do not take this as 100% accurate though!

Edit: school official said water is not an issues for the week. If said they will be getting in tankers to fill the water tanks and bottled water for the students. There is going to be an announcement before 12 today regarding the situation so i will update this them. :)

Someone I know who goes there said that the management said school will open on Wednesday, but there was no mention of Thursday or Friday.

He said that at least 80% of all water sources, including toilets, water fountains, taps etc. all had an OUT OF ORDER sign and many also had a DO NOT DRINK WATER sign.

I don't know whether to believe him.

Rumour was that they have a reserve tank and they will be getting tankers to fill it up each day.

Apparently some schools are open on Wedsnday then close Thursday and Friday.

Don't shoot the messenger.

One school's updates on closure I am impressed with is Scoil Mhuire Junior School. Very impressive website as well which seems to be updated at least once a week.

http://www.scoilmhuirejs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nacl

So Christians and Ashton did not stay open for long today as it happened.

What is the story for Wednesday?

nacl wrote: »
    So Christians and Ashton did not stay open for long today as it happened.

What is the story for Wednesday?

Christians had a half day planned for weeks because of parent-teacher meetings and are open on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cupple

havent use this boards before so hope message posts ok.. but wondering does anyone know if Eglinatine is closed for week.? tried ringing school no answer and no prerecorded message

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Vivara wrote: »
    Christians had a half day planned for weeks because of parent-teacher meetings and are open on Wednesday.

Thats correct but there is no running water in the school, water fountains are not working and no water in the toilets - wonder is it a wise move to keep the school open:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

kilsmum wrote: »
    Thats correct but there is no running water in the school, water fountains are not working and no water in the toilets - wonder is it a wise move to keep the school open:mad::mad:

Arent they obliged to close if they cant provide toilet facilities? Might be different rules for fee paying schools tho

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Arent they obliged to close if they cant provide toilet facilities? Might be different rules for fee paying schools tho

I wonder is it just a guideline??

kilsmum wrote: »
    I wonder is it just a guideline??

I wouldnt think so. Ill have a nose around the Department of Education website and see what I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Believe me, come hell or high water*, that school will close for nothing!

*sorry

i'm sure it's an EU requirement, hence why most schools are closing/providing water

metalfest wrote: »
    i'm sure it's an EU requirement, hence why most schools are closing/providing water

Id imagine so but as afew paying school they might be classed os a privete company

Id imagine so but as afew paying school they might be classed os a privete company

:pac::rolleyes:pfft private schools huh :P:cool:

It's not private, it's fee-paying. They still receive funding from government and teachers are paid by the government as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

CHRIST KING GIRLS SCHOOL REOPENS WEDNESDAY

Water has been restored to Christ King Girls Secondary School on South Douglas Road and the school will reopen, as normal, from tomorrow [WEDNESDAY 25 NOVEMBER].

Christ King Secondary School is one of the largest schools in Cork City or County and has a long and distinguished history in both the academic and sporting spheres.

ENDS

• Advertisement

Douglas Com and St Anthonys are both open from tommorow.

Advertisement