Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black jeans and brown shoes

• 21-11-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Hello 'ello!

I'm deciding what shoes to wear with my charcoal straight-leg jeans. I want to wear shoes (aka anything but runners/sneakers) but opinions differ among a couple of people I've asked.

One said black all the way, while the other suggested dark brown. I don't want anything too formal for fairly casual jeans so perhaps something like suede is the way to go?

Opinions please:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You are wearing jeans. Anything and everything goes with jeans from wellies to killerheels. Just pick something you like and get on with enjoying yourself.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

... Even if they're grey/black and not typical denim blue?

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

Jeans are the quintesental casual trousers. The only time you ever have any trouble with jeans is when you try to make them look smart/dressy. Dosent matter what colour they are. Brown or black shoes will both suit. Suade is fabulous. Pink hushpuppies, yellow docs, orange trainers, sparkly red pumps, polkadot kittenheels...it dosen't matter. Wear what you have, what suits the place you are going, hiking boots for the fields, dancing shoes for the clubs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

At this juncture I shall point out that I am a guy:-p

At least it's the first time that's happened to me. Some posters on boards think girls don't use the internet too!

And I'm basically trying to look a bit smarter than usual (read: not dorky/lazy) with this. Hence the focus on the kind of shoes seen in clarks etc.

Thanks once again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I think black would look smarter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Depends completely on what occasion and what the rest of your outfit is of course but you can't go wrong with black shoes. White is cool as well. You can get anway with any colour really if you match it to your jacket/belt.

At this juncture I shall point out that I am a guy:-p
    At this point I should point out that I didn't make my answers specific to any gender. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

@OldGoat: Ya divil, how many guys do you know were polkadot kitten heels?! ;)

Do you have a picture of the jeans OP? What type of top you planning on wearing? In my head, it's a sexy fitted shirt and I think those men's shoes that are leather and have kind of long-ish pointed toes would be well sexy but a picture would really help you out... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm with oldgoat on this. jeans are the most casual items of clothing. any colour goes with them.

hell atm i'm wearing a dark indigo wash pair of jeans with green and purple runners, they don't match, i don't care, i look and feel good and that's all that matters.

@OldGoat: Ya divil, how many guys do you know were polkadot kitten heels?! ;)
    My lips are sealed. I'm sayin nutin ya hear! Stop looking at me like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I don't think 'smart' brown shoes look good on men. Got any black ones?
    3989572262_e64d906aec.jpg

jenny2hat wrote: »
    I don't think 'smart' brown shoes look good on men. Got any black ones?
    3989572262_e64d906aec.jpg
    :eek:
    Heart..failing...can't breath...massi.ve cor.rona.ry.
    How can you say that Jenny? Do I really have to start linking to John Lobb brown oxfords? Brown shoes are wonderful (before 6 o'clock naturally - ettiquete and all that you know).
    The colour range in mens shoes is rather limited and at the smart/dress end extreamly limited. To dismiss brown shoes is to eliminate 40% of the available mens shoes.
    Please don't take my brouges away! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

OldGoat wrote: »
    :eek:
    Heart..failing...can't breath...massi.ve cor.rona.ry.
    How can you say that Jenny? Do I really have to start linking to John Lobb brown oxfords? Brown shoes are wonderful (before 6 o'clock naturally - ettiquete and all that you know).
    The colour range in mens shoes is rather limited and at the smart/dress end extreamly limited. To dismiss brown shoes is to eliminate 40% of the available mens shoes.
    Please don't take my brouges away! :(

Sorry, just don't think they look well. I'm sorta comparing it with black slacks and brown leather shoes I suppose.
    don't wear brown to town, unless you're a farmer
    http://www.menshealth.co.uk/index.php/chatroom/topic/282577

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

OldGoat wrote: »

+1

Exhibit (a)

Exhibit (b)

And I'd give you an Exhibit (c) except I can't be arsed taking a photo of my own shoes at the moment, but for reference, they're chocolate brown oxford's :)
    don't wear brown to town, unless you're a farmer

Gah! Poppycock!

I'd agree with what's said in the link, no way could you wear orange-brown shoes with a black suit*, but a black suit is far from a pair of black jeans!!

*With a grey/midnight blue suit, different story, of course, with matching brown belt and a shirt that works.

Advertisement