Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 - Limerick - 24th November

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey guys, couldn't edit the old threat so I made a new one!
    fifa10b.jpg

This is happening on Tuesday (the 24th), kicking off at 8pm so please try to be there early for registration. €5 entry and winner takes all. There's no age limit because it's not a pub and no alcohol will be served or anything.

Format is currently planned for straight knock-out but this can be up for debate on the night! Team selecton is also up for debate but for the moment, pick who you like (with the exception of France!! )

The location is Frontier X on Cruises Street.
    map.jpg

Hope to see you all there!

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Interesting. Great timing due to the strike, but I have to find out if i have enough time to go.. theres no day off for overdue work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeHartLane

If you win the tournament, you can pay someone to do your overdue work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Nice one! Will be there, hopefully with a couple in tow. Posted a news item here on eSports.ie - will do another one in the aftermath (hopefully with some positive news personally :D)

🤪

Brilliant stuff Sabre. I'm sure you have a good chance of winning (mainly because I'm not entering myself :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Any chance of running one in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Would have gone to this but I'm off sick at the moment! I hope your running another one soon

Hey Y2J (great name btw, I used to love Jericho :D), we're hoping to make this a weekly thing so let's hope the trial run tonight goes well. Sorry to hear you're sick. Just over a pretty bad case of the cold myself :mad:

Just a reminder. This is on tonight at the location above! Hope to see you all there :)

Some great games! Really enjoyed it myself, as did the lads who were with me. Disappointed to go out on penalties...especially after guessing the right direction three times (and getting a hand to two of them) and then he guesses once and saves! But that is penalties...

Had a blast and definately hoping for another FIFA night! Oh, Mike, can I get the surnames of players from you? Only realised on the way home that the newspost would be a little askew (except for the players I knew)

🤪

Recap on eSports.ie

Good times had by all!

🤪

• Advertisement

Hi guys. Going to run this again this week. Is everyone free Monday night instead of Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fifapro

o crap...i can make it if its on tues wed or thurs...thats better for me

Monday may work for me. When will we know for sure? Will also bring some friends; they are up for it after the last outing! Unfortunately, site is down til Monday at least but once up, there will be a post...

🤪

No probs guys. Tuesday it is! 7:30pm. Will post more information later today.

Nice one. Looking forward to it.

🤪

Hey guys. So the next FIFA 10 tournament is scheduled for Wednesday (2/12/09) with the same rules as before.

We had a great turnout on the last day with Rob Yip going home with €80 and bragging rights :cool:. Hopefully this week will be just as good!

Time: 7:30pm onwards
    Date: 2/12/009
    Format: Knockout

map.jpg

Hope to see you all there!

Mike

Early exit but enjoyed it. Congrats to Rob again...a worthy winner (again)!

🤪

FFS he won again?? I better come down some week when I have time, and knock him off his perch.

Was it a bigger turnout?

16 again. MikeHartLane had to play (and abandoned Tottenham!).

🤪

Same time, same day, same place this week?

🤪

• Advertisement

Yeah for sure. Wednesday @ 7.30pm.

Let's try and get a new winner this week guys :)

P.S. Abandoning Spurs was the hardest thing I've ever done :p

:( Rostered to work Wednesday night so shall not be in attendance...Will put up a news post and send the group text out though.

(I have two surnames for Rob - what is his actual one? :D)

🤪

any more of these tourneys?

Advertisement