Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a fly in bottle of spirits

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I recently found a fly (it was only like a very small fruit fly admittedly) in a sealed bottle of spirits, what should I do with it?

I have kept the bottle, and obviously I could bring it back to the retailer, but would I be better off contacting Diageo directly? Obviously I won't be posting them the bottle, but they can collect it if they wish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Tell the manufacturer, They would be interested in hearing about it. After that, they may send out a voucher or just say you can swap it out at a store.

The drink is probably still drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact Diageo and let them know. They would definitely be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Don't worry OP - It's just the new fruity flavour they have released.

Contact Diageo, and tell them there's a fly in your drink. If they respond with "don't say it too loud, or everyone will want one" then you know they watch Fawlty Towers.

I'd imagine they'll send you out a few vouchers and tell you to bin the bottle.

A photo woul dbe handy, and don't mention vouchers to them. If they give you nothing, so be it, but if you say "givuz vouchers lol" they'll think you're just mooching and most likely ignore you, id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

If manufacturer does nothing (not likely) try the offo you bought it from. You will definitely get your money back at the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just realised it isn't actually a Diageo drink.

Should I email or normal post?

And still going to drink the bottle, just want some free stuff hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Colin_M

CantGetNoSleep,

Your beef is with the shop and not the manufacturer. They were the ones who sold you the bottle. The bottle wasn’t of merchantable quality so you are entitled to a replacement or a refund. But if you just want a load of free stuff then get a replacement, keep the bottle and contact the manufacturer directly too.

Laters,

C

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Shop will refund/replace and send back to distributor. No issues. It's fairly common in wine for a fly or mossie to get through filtration. Havn't seen it in spirits. Well preserved anyway.

Advertisement