Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy sata card

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody, does anyone know a good place to buy a pci sata card for flashing, preferably somewhere with quick delivery that takes paypal or lazer? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You tried deal extreme? They take paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If your looking to pay with laser arent komplette your only option really?

Ok so i did a bit of digging:

Komplette do not have alot of sata controllers (2) , but this one might do the trick

Komplette does not tell you what chipset it has

The manufacturers website does not tell you what chipset it has

But I found this

And according to the comments, after you translate it from dutch to english, it has the right chipset
    I 'm just ordered. The chipset is from VIA grbuikt. Type: VT6421A (so it is just right for the firmware of your 360 to flash them!;)

EDIT: you should ask on the Komplett forum on boards to make sure its the right chipset - VT6321A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If your looking to pay with laser arent komplette your only option really?

Ok so i did a bit of digging:

Komplette do not have alot of sata controllers (2) , but this one might do the trick

Komplette does not tell you what chipset it has

The manufacturers website does not tell you what chipset it has

But I found this

And according to the comments, after you translate it from dutch to english, it has the right chipset

EDIT: you should ask on the Komplett forum on boards to make sure its the right chipset - VT6321A

I got my VT6321A off ebay for about €6 + €1.50 postage

I got mine of DX for a similar price, but He said he needs it in a hurry and needs to pay with laser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I got mine of DX for a similar price, but He said he needs it in a hurry and needs to pay with laser
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hi everybody, does anyone know a good place to buy a pci sata card for flashing, preferably somewhere with quick delivery that takes paypal or lazer? Thanks for your help

Most sellers on ebay offer postage on the same day if you buy early, and most sellers also offer paypal as their preferred payment option :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

went for dealextreme in the end. I sent it to my place in Ireland cause i'll be back there next week for a few days and don't have a desktop here (in Holland). I was banned there about 2 weeks ago, and I've been patching ever since, but the reason i wanna access the drive is to extract my key, I've a feeling it might burn out soon. has anyone dummied one of those Samsungs from dealextreme out of interest? was it easy to do? I'm thinking of ordering one to be sure to be sure.
    (Was trying to be as vague as possible there Kinetic^ with regards to what should not be mentioned, if i overstepped what's allowed, I'm sorry)

EDIT: I dont even have an excuse for why i typed this out! For some reason I thought you were asking has anyone done a samsung with the card.

Your afraid your laser is going to burn out is it? Just buy a new laser, cheaper than a new drive!

Install the drivers that are linked to on the dealextreme comment section.

Download Jungleflasher, install the portio drivers that come with it

If your looking to upgrade your firmware download the latest one (samsung its 1.61)

Open jungleflasher, go to the mtk flash 32 tab , select the right address on the left, then press "read" and follow on screen instructions.

Advertisement