Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should college close for the week?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Hattrick wrote: »
    In what way did you want them to acknowledge the flood? Produce a musical?

They will forward your concerns to the registrar, accom office and dept secretary. There are more students than you for them to deal with. What else should they do seriously!

No, I don't want them to produce a musical.

All I wanted was for someone to get back to me about my situation of not being able to attend or for them to get back to me as promised. I didn't ever ask or expect them to help find accommodation or anything else.

I wasn't asking for them to do anything out of the ordinary. But thanks. I'm sure your sarcasm was appreciated by all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I wasn't asking for them to do anything out of the ordinary.

Asking for admin staff to get back to you in any capacity so soon is out of the ordinary. I'm still waiting on them to send me a form, and I asked for that 2 months ago.

I also offer my sympathy to you cos I know quite a few people that can't come down for the week either. My folder is quite full collecting notes for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭keiran110

Hey,
    i just came on here to find out information about CIT and floods. Honestly, i have to come to boards.ie to find out information about my college. Im stranded in Tipp for the week (where theres floods aswel) but at least i have a home here. My house was inaccessable in Cork until yesterday and even now i can't go down with the dodgy water.

I think its crazy that we didnt get a single e-mail even acknowledging the fact that there was a mini disaster affecting thousands of people. UCC students got tonnes of e-mails for a few days straight and their trying to rehouse all their affected students as best they can. They even set up an emergency center thursday night through the weekend where people could stay and get fed!! we get nothing. Madness

Advertisement