Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Factor backing track?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching x-factor now. Are the singers using backing tracks that were recorded earlier on in the week? I find it hard to believe they are really singing live unassisted. Something just dosn't look or sound right about it... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah they're all just sh*t singers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

tuxy wrote: »
    Just watching x-factor now. Are the singers using backing tracks that were recorded earlier on in the week? I find it hard to believe they are really singing live unassisted. Something just dosn't look or sound right about it... :confused:

Oh they definitely are, it's quite obvious with some of them.
    Did you see them butchering 'Bohemian Rhapsody'? That was all either mimed or they had their live vocals turned down really low. Even Brian May mimed his guitar solo, for some bizarre reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

eth0_ wrote: »
    Oh they definitely are, it's quite obvious with some of them.
    Did you see them butchering 'Bohemian Rhapsody'? That was all either mimed or they had their live vocals turned down really low. Even Brian May mimed his guitar solo, for some bizarre reason.
    Arthritis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ah good, someone agrees. I'v said this to people who watch the show and they don't believe me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Allegedly the group song on the results show is ALWAYS mimed/with a backing track.
    The "livr performances" on the Saturday night are not mimed however.

Thats what I heard from a friends aunt, whose second cousins grannys, grandson is going out with a sound engineer on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

LOL
    I'm sure I have head backing tracks on so called live performance. This is probably most obvious with John and Edward since they jump around so much they sometimes forget to lip sync some of the words.

Advertisement